Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 4th June 2008, 14:45   #21
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Hang on on cotton pickin minute!

Thats not the door switch!

You see that torx bit at the top of the pic, undo that and take a look in there!

Thats the switch
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 14:50   #22
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Version Très Sportive
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh -Feels stupid- Not sure I've got the thing to undo that =S Looking at the broken thing they did sent me, the wire won't reach that far anyway..
Old 4th June 2008, 14:53   #23
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzman1991 View Post
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh -Feels stupid- Not sure I've got the thing to undo that =S Looking at the broken thing they did sent me, the wire won't reach that far anyway..
Lol! Yer, you took out the main plug! Im suprised it wasnt full of wires!

Anwyay, you might get that torx bit out with an allen key with a bit of luck!

Thats where you need to look anyway matey.

You will need to buy some more cable to extend the cathode wires, and just crimp them together.

Dont be put off! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 4th June 2008, 14:55   #24
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

danzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team memberdanzman1991 is a well respected team member

Thats brilliant mate So I just attach one wire to the switch behind the Torx screw, and one behind the Ciggy Lighter?
Old 4th June 2008, 14:56   #25
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzman1991 View Post
Thats brilliant mate So I just attach one wire to the switch behind the Torx screw, and one behind the Ciggy Lighter?
Erm...

I need to see what wires go into the door switch first mate.

Im pretty sure it will just be a live, which is then switched by the door. In which case, you just take the live after the switch then earth the light to the chassis.

Take that torx off and show me whats behind it
Old 4th June 2008, 15:03   #26
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Edit:
Old 4th June 2008, 15:04   #27
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Can't see too clearly, its one Purple wire, and one white..
Old 4th June 2008, 15:09   #28
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Aha! Now were talking!

Thats where you connect it!

Have you got a 12v amp or anything that is 12v and is meant to take wires? lol

It could be either a switched live or switched earth, but id got for switched live tbh! But we need to know for definite!

So we could do with trying to power something from it! you got an old head unit we could try it on?? Or even better, a multi meter??

Last edited by Coonper; 4th June 2008 at 15:11.
Old 4th June 2008, 15:13   #29
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Ummmm.. Now you have completely lost me =P

Yeah, I do have an old head unit..

This is the back of it..

Old 4th June 2008, 15:23   #30
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Have you got the lead that fits into it? Looks like an iso plug! So that means the one in your car now would do the job! But i think its attatched, so thats no good really!

You not got anything else that is 12v, like an old car amp?
Old 4th June 2008, 17:52   #31
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

This?

Old 4th June 2008, 22:21   #32
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Yes that!!

Right! Were cooking on gas now!

What to do...

Get some bare cable, anything will do, speaker cable, power flex, amp cable etc etc, and stuff it down the side of the yellow wire, just so that it is making a connection.

Then do the same, but this time shove the cable onto the black cable, but MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT TOUCHING!

Then stuff the red wire into the switch, again, just so they are touching, doesnt need to be brilliant...

Then when you have done this, look at the display on the head unit, and while you are looking at it, get the black wire and touch it on some bare metal on the car, such as the hinge, but make sure it is clean and has no paint on it. The Head unit should now power up, but dont let it start up all the way, just toch it to see if it works.

Now one of two things will happen...

It will either power up and stay on permanently, which indicates wrong wire

or

You may be on the correct cable out of the 2, and the unit will only work when the door is open.

So you need to shut the door and see if it the head unit works then.

And when the head unit is working in sync ith the door, you know you have found the correct wire! So wrap some tape round it or something, or just remember which one it was.

When you get this far let me know!
Old 5th June 2008, 11:07   #33
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Okay, I've got some speaker wire.. Do I just use one bit of cable at a time? (There are 2 wires, one black, one red)

I put one bit of wire into the Yellow bit (Which Yellow one?)

This:

Or this:

Then I put another bit of wire into the Black bit? (What doesn't have to be touching?)

Then what do I do to the red wire?

Soooo confused Lol..
Old 5th June 2008, 16:56   #34
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Well all you need to do is push a bit of your cable between the yellow wire and the terminal inside the connector block, so it is thouching the yellow cable which you circled in the first pic.

I didnt mean to bring the red into the equation at all, sorry for the confusion mate! The yellow is a permanent live, red is ignition live.

You then need to do the same with the black cable, which is an earth lead. Again, just make sure your length of cable is touching the black connector, at either connector, but make sure the black and yellow NEVER touch!

So i might be an idea to put connect to your yellow cable at one connector, and the black cable at the other block connector, just so the 2 cables have no chance of touching each other.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:28   #35
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Okay, I've got one bit of wire in the Yellow one at one end, another bit of wire in the black one at the other end. Now where do I connect the other end of the wire with regards to the Light Switch in the door? One wire on the Purple one, and one on the White one?
Old 5th June 2008, 17:43   #36
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

I dunno what I've done, but now the light only comes on when I click it in the roof to Permanently On, it won't come on in sync with the door anymore =S
Old 5th June 2008, 17:52   #37
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Have you already tried connecting them up? If so, you may have blown the siwtch by running 2 lives to it!

You sure you put the connector back together properly??
Old 5th June 2008, 19:29   #38
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

I put the Wires into the Yellow and Black thing, then the other end of the wire into the bit where the White and Purple meet?
Old 5th June 2008, 19:35   #39
danzman1991
Saxperience Forum Bum

Now I can't find my bloody manual to find the Fuse Diagram.

Edit: Found it.

Right, I've checked the fuses for "Map reading life" even though I dun think its this, and also "Interior Light" but both Fuses aren't blown?

Last edited by danzman1991; 5th June 2008 at 19:44.
danzman1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 21:47   #40
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Oh no! I dont like the sound of this...

It sounds to me like you have shorted it out!

You see, both the wires that go into and from the switch will be either negative or positive, probably positive, and you have connected the earth and the live from the head unit to these wires, so at least one of them is incorrect.

The fuse is a good place to start, but if that hasnt blown then it could be the wires have burnt out, or the switch is knackered.

Does the light still work from the other door switch?