Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 18th June 2008, 13:42   #1
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road
Default sub amp box and wireing packages?

Alright guys.

Right i have a budget of about 170, and i need a package, or all the parts listed in the title.

I have found this http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/6428.html
it looks okay to me, but then again i dont know much about ICE.

Any help appreciated and repped.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 13:56   #2
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Everything is included, but i wouldnt go for that one.

This isnt bad. Your getting 350rms for pretty cheap.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpi...a3efd2cf245f55

You could always buy seperates! And you cant beat JBL for value! *waits for ashleys comments*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO1201-1-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOX-OF-2-JBL-G...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-empty-s...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autoleads-QAWK...QQcmdZViewItem

It might be a little over budget, but DEFINITELY worth the extra! It would be a very very nice set up!!

Over 1kw rms of power, so you can put 500rms into each of the subs, and im sure they will take that no problem.

Trust me mate, this is the set up to go for!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 14:01   #3
Modified
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf MK4 GTi 20v Turbo - BLAP BLAP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Modified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud ofModified has much to be proud of

god u people!!! lol when some1 says i have abuget u end up making them spend more

lol like me budget of 120 and spent 200 on it all lol

but WELL WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!
Old 18th June 2008, 14:03   #4
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Haha! Its cus you get so much more for little more money.

If he shopped around he could get the box for about £10, and a wiring kit for about the same, so not too much over budget! Maybe £20-30 over?
Old 18th June 2008, 14:34   #5
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

dont really want two subs, too much space taken. How ever the amplifier looks good, and one of the subs. Is ebay okay for car stuff?
Old 18th June 2008, 14:35   #6
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

tryed to edit last post but i dont know how, tried to rep you coonper but says i need to rep someone else first.
Old 18th June 2008, 14:40   #7
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
dont really want two subs, too much space taken. How ever the amplifier looks good, and one of the subs. Is ebay okay for car stuff?
Well that amp is absoloutely awesome for the money! but its gonna be giving 800rms @ 4 ohms, which is just gonna fry one of those subs the moment you turn it on. Thats why i suggested 2 of them, as you would get 550rms into each, and it WILL BE LOUD!

Your gonna need to find a dual 2 ohm sub that is about 500rms or so to take that amp.

I'll take a look for you

EDIT: This would take the abuse, but i cant vouch for there stuff cus ive never heard although CSVTR seemed to like them. Might be worth dropping him a PM and asking him about it.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/grou...al-p-6634.html

Last edited by Coonper; 18th June 2008 at 14:43.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:02   #8
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

these threads are getting predictale eh coonper? lol you reccoment jbl, i reccomend kenwood.. ah i love this forum

car audio security give shite boxes for a start.. mate just orderd from there.. and he was given a tiny sealed box, doubt thatll be good?

i think your best option is seperates, allthough nobody sticks to their budget

id get this amp:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-KAC-72...QQcmdZViewItem

this sub:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pion...d2-p-5775.html

this wiring kit:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/cels...wg-p-6012.html

and then you just need a box.. the sub amp and wires if im correct adds up to just under £170.. so a box is likley to cost around £20

but imo thats a good set up (i currently have it lol allthough ill be changing.. but for the price its good) lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 15:07   #9
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Barlows hardon makes crap products!

Kenwood give massivley overated figures, and even their high end amps tend to use very cheap components and tend to give a compressed sound, when compared to a better quality amp like a JBL, which is all warm and sensual!
Old 18th June 2008, 15:10   #10
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

lol *thinks about ken barlow again.. trauma kicks in*

lol.. i enjoy my kenwood set up well actually i dont, because i want much higher quality stuff.. but for the price i like it!

allthough actually the sub i reccommended, id maybe change it for the 10" version
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 18th June 2008, 15:14   #11
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

The thing is with that amp, its like £100 posted for what 500rms is it? If that!!

The JBL is 1114rms @ 2 ohms, 784 rms @ 4 ohms and its £100 posted!!! Plus, better quality product, better made, and more control over your sub, with the option of a bass remote!
Old 18th June 2008, 15:17   #12
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

i searched and could only find the jbl gto for £120?

but i agree it would be a great amp, but he would need a much bigger budget to run the 2 subs itd require to run efficiently at 2ohm

i was sticking to budget ish tbh
Quote:
Old 18th June 2008, 15:19   #13
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

[QUOTE=AshleyPrigmore;2248399]i searched and could only find the jbl gto for £120?
QUOTE]

Buy it now or best offer £120, free postage
Old 18th June 2008, 15:22   #14
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

didnt see the free postage bit.. my baad
Quote:
Old 18th June 2008, 15:28   #15
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
didnt see the free postage bit.. my baad
The mighty JBl wins again!

Muhahahah....
Old 18th June 2008, 15:31   #16
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

*hangs head in shame*
Quote:
Old 18th June 2008, 15:33   #17
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyPrigmore View Post
*hangs head in shame*
Is that cus kens wood has gone soft so head is hanging??
Old 18th June 2008, 16:05   #18
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Is that cus kens wood has gone soft so head is hanging??

why would you think about that! haha
Quote:
Old 19th June 2008, 07:56   #19
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Well that amp is absoloutely awesome for the money! but its gonna be giving 800rms @ 4 ohms, which is just gonna fry one of those subs the moment you turn it on. Thats why i suggested 2 of them, as you would get 550rms into each, and it WILL BE LOUD!

Your gonna need to find a dual 2 ohm sub that is about 500rms or so to take that amp.

I'll take a look for you

EDIT: This would take the abuse, but i cant vouch for there stuff cus ive never heard although CSVTR seemed to like them. Might be worth dropping him a PM and asking him about it.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/grou...al-p-6634.html
Since it says its mono, how would i run 2 subs? just put two of the cables to each terminal?

very close to buying the amp, no sure i want 2 subs yet though, and that other sub doesnt seem to be very well known.
Old 19th June 2008, 08:06   #20
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

before i start, can someone explain how to edit previous posts? i have been abel to on a similar forum but not this one.

Right any way, just bought the amp, now for the rest, i need the sub, a box, and wireing kit, thats all isnt it?

that sub looks good, and it could handle the watts, but it ? is an unknown make which puts me off. Is there any other subs you could reccomend?