Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 13th May 2007, 14:53   #61
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I think im going to separately amp them.Just got to find a good amp now,wiring kit which i think im going for one of the autolead kits.And some sub boxs.

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 14:56   #62
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I have aready made some door pods using your guide and they look wicked i hope you dont mind i copy yours its a good idea.I covered mine in cream leather look vinly just got to do my door cards

Old 13th May 2007, 14:58   #63
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

good choices mate, if your thinking bout a stealth install to save space and keep great sound then maybe look at www.autoacoustics.com and the boxes on there? hope it helps mate
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 15:00   #64
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

What did use to build up the shape of the door pods (pred and olly)?
Old 13th May 2007, 15:09   #65
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

I used fiber glass and then body filled the get a smooth finish if you look on predators thread it shows you how he done his.Im going to build my own install out of mdf and i have taken my back seats out so i have loads of room i will post pics when i have done it.Cheers for all help people.

Old 13th May 2007, 15:13   #66
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

oooo yeah totally forgot i knew someone made them like mine but couldnt remember lol

here we go mate

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...+pods+progress

should help a bit, mdf frame then cover it with material and resin it and then a few layers of fibreglass matting and then filler to smooth out and either paint them or trim them

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 15:37   #67
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Good job mate, liking the DIY there lol . What body filler and fiber glass mix did you use as il get the stuff 2 moro!
Old 13th May 2007, 15:45   #68
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

i have fitted loads of THESE packages and they rock. and with 2 dual 4 ohm subs you can wire them at 1 ohm and get the most from the amp.
Old 13th May 2007, 15:49   #69
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

lol and u'v made ur own door pods? if so then how do you secure the pod to the actual doorcard and existing speaker mounting holes?
Old 13th May 2007, 16:12   #70
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

heres a few pics of mine.
http://[URL=http://imageshack.us]
I need to cover the one when i get time.
Cheers for showing how to make them predator

Old 13th May 2007, 16:36   #71
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

no problem mate

the backs of the pods are secured on with a screw in the middle of the clip. so clip them in as normal and put a screw into the middle of the clips so it stays clipped

Old 13th May 2007, 17:32   #72
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

What i would say is consider the extra cost of a second sub and a second amp. Then think of the amount of weight in the car. Is it really worth it for the extra handfull of db that you will gain top end? How often will you actully use the system flat out anyway? I would guess at hardly ever!

If I ever do another system I will only run one sub.
Old 13th May 2007, 18:26   #73
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

Thats very true mate.Im going to think about it.

Old 13th May 2007, 18:32   #74
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah me too, im getting a golf next so i want a nice tidy install and have just seen one on detialing world simple but effective

Old 14th May 2007, 01:45   #75
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

What filler and fibre glass products did you use and where from pred and olly?
Old 14th May 2007, 01:51   #76
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

the fibreglass kit i used

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fibreglass-Res...QQcmdZViewItem

and the filler just car body filler, i got this one and still have a load left

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Groom-Ligh...QQcmdZViewItem

or this one will do the job

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easy-sand-Car-...QQcmdZViewItem

ok the filler you mik up a golfball size of filler to a pea sized amont of the hardner

for the resisn(fibreglass) its about 500ml with about 2 - 3 capfuls of hardner, use a bit more if its cold though

Last edited by Predator_R32; 14th May 2007 at 01:53.
Old 14th May 2007, 01:54   #77
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Cheers mate, are the standard clips and added screws enough to hold the new door pods in place? especially vibe speakers with that fook off magnet lol
Old 14th May 2007, 01:56   #78
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah mate mine are really heavy, ill get pics of them tomorrow as ads wanted some

Old 14th May 2007, 02:04   #79
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore

Guesture cheers fella, always great help when needed
Old 26th May 2008, 11:40   #80
mitan14
L-plater

mitan14 is an unknown quantity at this point

the AWG wiring kit range are pretty good
mitan14 is offline   Reply With Quote