Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 11th October 2005, 23:47   #1
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

Hiya,

I noticed that there is lots of condensation in one of my rear lights.

Just took it off to find that there is loads of water inside it. it isn't cracked and I can't really see anything that would be causing it?

any ideas?
Old 11th October 2005, 23:50   #2
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

I bet its the drivers side one too.

I have the same problem with mine, its the seal round the lights, i have noticed that mine has a small gap between it and the bodywork.
Old 11th October 2005, 23:51   #3
puzzledzippy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): audi a4 2.8 quattro sport
puzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud ofpuzzledzippy has much to be proud of

I had the same on my chav lights but i was taking them off anyway.
puzzledzippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 02:12   #4
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

yeh it is drivers side. Might try and look into it a bit more later.
Old 12th October 2005, 02:20   #5
saxomeli
Regular Poster

Car(s): Black/silver/green VTR
saxomeli is on a distinguished road

That happened with one of my lights and i took it out n put the hairdryer on it...soon fixed that problem!
saxomeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 02:39   #6
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Green mk1 vtr/s and Focus zetec
Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

yep, blast it with a hairdryer then use some bathroom sealant round the outer edges of the casing, and problem solved.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 02:45   #7
wideboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): An S, an R, and an E46 Schnitzer
wideboy is a name known to allwideboy is a name known to allwideboy is a name known to allwideboy is a name known to allwideboy is a name known to allwideboy is a name known to all

I had this similar problem but it wasnt just the seal - it was the rectangular hole which the wire loom for the lights come through...

It was water etc that was coming up through the vents in the rear arch liner (which are also vented into the boot) - all i did was put duck tape over the rectangular hole,and leave a small gap in a corner for the wire loom to poke through! this stopped a lot of the water getting through.

A consequence of not doing it sooner rather than later was that the part of the circuit board for the brake light rusted and broke off...so i had to buy a replacement
wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 07:38   #8
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

I'm going to check mine out tomorrow, its only started doing it since i put my mate scotts mk2 rears on.
Old 12th October 2005, 14:23   #9
l1ukeRS
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus RS Saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
l1ukeRS is a name known to alll1ukeRS is a name known to alll1ukeRS is a name known to alll1ukeRS is a name known to alll1ukeRS is a name known to alll1ukeRS is a name known to all

i drilled a tiny hole in both of mine and then when you got ya rear lights on the heat pushs the moisture out, it worked on mine they avnt dun it since
l1ukeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2005, 16:18   #10
Richardsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Richardsaxo is on a distinguished road

Had the same problem with mine but it coroded all the light fitting inside, i had to buy replacement rear lights
Richardsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2005, 00:00   #11
andy51086
Regular Poster

andy51086 is on a distinguished road

a small amount of silicone around the seal should do it
Old 13th October 2005, 03:00   #12
mike_obuk
Established Member

Car(s): Megane Coupe Phase 1 2.0 8v
mike_obuk will become famous soon enough

yeah just check the seal, i had this when i changed my lights, played around with the seal, made sure it was tight, seems fine now