Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 25th March 2011, 18:30   #1
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!
Default iTunes help - new computer

Ok guys, absolutely no idea where to start.

I had a laptop which was nicked which had my iTunes account on. I also have my iPhone which had most of that content on it, plus a few other additions.

I'm now setting up my iTunes account again on my new PC and want to make sure I don't lose all my content like I accidenatally did with Tara's

How can I make sure that when I sync my phone with iTunes, everything that is currently on my phone transfers to my iTunes account???

A ginsters pasty and bottle of magners for the winning answer.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:07   #2
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

I think as standard the iphone should be backed up each time you sync, i know mine does.

If it isnt doing it automatically you can rightclick the phone within itunes and click backup, although you would have to remember to do this which would be a bit of a pain!
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:11   #3
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
I think as standard the iphone should be backed up each time you sync, i know mine does.

If it isnt doing it automatically you can rightclick the phone within itunes and click backup, although you would have to remember to do this which would be a bit of a pain!
I see what you're saying but with the new PC it has no record of my previous apps, tunes, ringtones etc so will be "retro" backing up the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:21   #4
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Hmm sorry i think we have our wires crossed.

Are you trying to get the content from the phone onto the PC?

If so the backup will get all your contacts etc onto the computer.

How ever you will want to get the music off the phone first which is a very long process but is possible.

Have a look at this URL for some info on a process to get music etc off: http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ip...ff/index.shtml.
The Following User Says Thank You to haz_pro For This Useful Post:
Old 25th March 2011, 21:31   #5
Simonp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 207 HDi GT
iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
Simon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team memberSimon is a well respected team member

iTunes on the new pc will see it as a new phone, so you can't sync what’s already on the phone to the new pc

you will need to use other software first to extact your stuff from the phone to the pc

Something like Monkey media prob many others as well.

Not really something I've had much experience with
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:
Old 25th March 2011, 21:56   #6
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Yeah sorry just to clarify what i said about you need to get the music of first, as it will be wiped the first time the phone is synced.