Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th May 2009, 10:42   #1
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!
Default Which Router

Morning everyone.
I am up with all the IT and networking but i want to hear your opinions too!

I want to get a new router because i have a standard 'talktalk' one at the moment and its a white thing i cant actually say what make it is!

But to be honest i know its going to be poo!

I was told to get a 'N+ Mimo Belkin Wireless Router' because there is a function on there that you can turn on and it just zaps all the bandwidth from everywere and you get some seriously good speed and conection.

But then in the other thread about 'Wireless issue' i see ste-88 and noddy talking about a router that sounds pretty good.

What are your views?

I want a router that will tell me my Download limit through the month, because like a silly twat i rushed around with internet left it down to my mum and we only got a 80GB download limit each month!
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 10:47   #2
SaxBuild
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo mk1 1.1i Scooby Doo
SaxBuild is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
Morning everyone.
I am up with all the IT and networking but i want to hear your opinions too!

I want to get a new router because i have a standard 'talktalk' one at the moment and its a white thing i cant actually say what make it is!

But to be honest i know its going to be poo!

I was told to get a 'N+ Mimo Belkin Wireless Router' because there is a function on there that you can turn on and it just zaps all the bandwidth from everywere and you get some seriously good speed and conection.

But then in the other thread about 'Wireless issue' i see ste-88 and noddy talking about a router that sounds pretty good.

What are your views?

I want a router that will tell me my Download limit through the month, because like a silly twat i rushed around with internet left it down to my mum and we only got a 80GB download limit each month!
BELKIN = CRAP
NETGEAR = CRAP
LYNKSYS = GOOD
SITECOM = GOOD
CISCO = GOOD

I've used sitecom for years for routers and switchs and always loved them, lynksys are good but not for wireless range as they tend to drop on peer to peer connections.

For monitoring your usage limit, you need a bandwidth monitor mate.
SaxBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 10:56   #3
Andy_VT
Regular Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pass..
Andy_VT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxBuild View Post
BELKIN = CRAP
NETGEAR = CRAP
LYNKSYS = GOOD
SITECOM = GOOD
CISCO = GOOD

I've used sitecom for years for routers and switchs and always loved them, lynksys are good but not for wireless range as they tend to drop on peer to peer connections.

For monitoring your usage limit, you need a bandwidth monitor mate.
i got NETGEAR and is all working good, no problems at all.. depends what you buy..
Best thing i found. Sit on your hands on a chair. Breath slowly, and deeply for 20 minutes or so. Then you'll feel your hands getting numb. At this stage you unzip your trousers and have a numb wank! They are to die for!
Andy_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 10:57   #4
Ste-88
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): GTiT
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!Ste-88 is as cool as a cucumber!

Those belkin ones are absolute dogshit, more of eye candy than doing the actual work.

Linksys all the way for me, or Buffalo's used to be well good too.

Do have a few Netgears here, not bad, I just like using "advanced firmware" on them.
Ste-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 15:54   #5
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

Personally, for home use most wireless modem routers will do the job, you dont need it to do any thing extraordinary.

With regards to 802.11n, you need to make sure the device you have supports it otherwise there is no point.