Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 30th November 2009, 21:53   #1
BenSilverSaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Lupo gti
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!
Default Want a wireless router that streams music, photos and DVD's

Im looking for an external harddrive. As i have a laptop i would like a wireless one. Do these even exist?

Also my mate had an external harddrive and he also had a thing that he plugged into his tv that played his films etc. I want that functionality.

I would also like some kind of digital photo frame that can get the pictures from the harddrive.

Is any of this possible?
#6 Gears ftw!!!!
You know it will dick on most small hot hatches too.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
you gota be joking right, he puts our country to fucking shame. Hes about as gangsta as my limp cock after a 15 hour wankathon
BenSilverSaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 21:58   #2
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Do you have a new flat screen telly? if so, you could just use the monitor output from your laptop to plug straight into your telly. if you don't you'd have to run it through something like a media router or sender.
I don't think they make wireless external drives (if they do i've never seen one) and the picture frame things you can set up to show the files from any of your folders and some of them you can plug in an external hard drive or memory card. just google them and look at the reviews of stuff.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 22:08   #3
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
P90PTS is on a distinguished road

You need to set up a basic network in your house, i personally use iTv from apple as it works flawlessly with my 2 Macbooks and iPhones
Old 1st December 2009, 00:41   #4
Noddy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 Posi Blue 1.1
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!Noddy is absolutely fabulous!

unfortunately you can't get wireless hard drives (to my knowledge). what you can get though is what is a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive that you connect into the network and any laptops/ pcs in the house can then access it via wireless / lan connection if you have a wireless router.

as for the photo frame, same again, i don't know of any such frames that do what you're after.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:16   #5
Shadowdemon
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Shadowdemon is on a distinguished road

Clicky <-- Wireless external hard drive, has hdmi connectors aswell so you could plug it into your hd tv and get the best possible picture.

Clicky <-- Think thats the type of photo frame your after ? you could simply connect your external hard drive (Or any other usb device, camera, laptop etc) to it and view pictures & slide shows.

But i'd recomend getting one which can take a memory card, would save pissing around connecting your hard drive to it.

Last edited by Shadowdemon; 1st December 2009 at 01:19.
Shadowdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 15:54   #6
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

do you have a ps3 or xbox... a programme on the net called T versity can stream EVERYTHING from your laptop through a wired or wireless connection, straight to your ps3 or xbox... its great... encodes on the fly aswell so no encoding neccessary. i stream all my movies from my laptop to my xbox and just sit back and relax..
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 20:52   #7
BenSilverSaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Lupo gti
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!BenSilverSaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdemon View Post
Clicky <-- Wireless external hard drive, has hdmi connectors aswell so you could plug it into your hd tv and get the best possible picture.

Clicky <-- Think thats the type of photo frame your after ? you could simply connect your external hard drive (Or any other usb device, camera, laptop etc) to it and view pictures & slide shows.

But i'd recomend getting one which can take a memory card, would save pissing around connecting your hard drive to it.
Nice one matey. They look like good options.

I have a 360 but never figured out how to stream things onto my tv from my laptop.
#6 Gears ftw!!!!
You know it will dick on most small hot hatches too.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
you gota be joking right, he puts our country to fucking shame. Hes about as gangsta as my limp cock after a 15 hour wankathon
BenSilverSaxo is offline   Reply With Quote