Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 15th September 2008, 21:35   #1
chriswoodward
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 05 Mini Cooper S
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
chriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nice
Default :-( i think my saxo's dead :-(

earlier on i embarked on a mission to adjust my lifters which went amazingly well as i put the rocker cover back on i sheared off one of the two bolts and pins holding the rocker cover on as my first act of stupidity then as im getting v tired i put the ht lead sequence as 1243 rather than 1234 so it misfired shook like an old tractor and black smoke proceeded to below from the exhaust and im a fucking early 3yr mechanic :-(
chriswoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 22:00   #2
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

hope you get it sorted,sounds nasty
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 22:09   #3
chriswoodward
Established Member

chriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nicechriswoodward is just really nice

thanks man i hope i do to moneys tight as at the mo got mad redundant last week as well all the shits coming at once lol
Old 15th September 2008, 22:17   #4
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!

Can you just drill out the old screws and tap some more threads in
Old 15th September 2008, 22:26   #5
chriswoodward
Established Member

yeah i might be able to it may involve taking the cam out though not just that shes done 125k did run like a dream mind you untill this evening shes been very well looked after im just very woried about the misfire and the loud KNOCK noise i heard, not just that the girlfriend is very attached to my car and im not quite sure how to tell her that it might be dead :-(

its a shame ive just put in a full new interior had a full respray 421 mani and full stainless exhaust with the vt back box the smoke looked like the lambda sensor just gave up but i know thats not the case because its brand new

i think its time to start saving for a new car :-(
Old 15th September 2008, 22:32   #6
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear!

I try not to touch my engine, 'cos i know i will break it! Lol!
Old 15th September 2008, 22:36   #7
chriswoodward
Established Member

the stupid thing is i knew exacty what i was doing! lol well if anyone knows of any good value vtr's coming up in the south of england please do let me no!

ill get some new ht leads tomorro and hope for the best otherwise if anyone needs any parts give me a shout
Old 15th September 2008, 22:51   #8
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

R.I.P to your saxo
Old 15th September 2008, 23:29   #9
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

if your a mechanic, surely if it is dead you could put another engine in
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 00:17   #10
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

good point above lol,(resurrected saxo )lol
Old 16th September 2008, 00:25   #11
chriswoodward
Established Member

lol yeah good point apart from the fact its a 1996 1.4 sx thats done 125k financially think how silly it is putting another engine in i would prefer to struggle to afford a newer saxo than put a good engine into a 12yr old shell trust me on this one for example i pre soaked one of the exhaust sheild nuts in wd40 and left it over night reapplying before i took it off and it still sheered of i dont want the hassle of having to fit a new engine if its all going to be the same way.

would be nice to reserect her though and my mrs would probs agree with you but its too much time and moneyfor a 12yr old shell
Old 16th September 2008, 00:27   #12
chriswoodward
Established Member

i will try some new sparks and a set of new ht leads tomorrow hopefully that will re-juvinate the old girl (haha look at that for some spelling oh yeah lol)
Old 16th September 2008, 00:28   #13
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

i no what you mean,if that was my car it would have to be scrapped tbh,im attached to my car so is me lass,but if its got to go its go to go imo
Old 16th September 2008, 00:30   #14
chriswoodward
Established Member

yeah im attached to the lil thing its a laff drives like its on rails (like most saxos) i just think its going to be one thing after another oh repped you by the way for the 'reserecred saxo' thing what a giggle lol
Old 16th September 2008, 00:33   #15
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

thanks
Old 16th September 2008, 00:37   #16
chriswoodward
Established Member

right got to shoot lets see what the morning brings for me lil sax ill keep you posted
Old 16th September 2008, 00:37   #17
adam19
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 182
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
adam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to beholdadam19 is a splendid one to behold

hope you get your saxo sorted
Old 16th September 2008, 00:38   #18
chriswoodward
Established Member

cheers man ill keep you all informed
Old 16th September 2008, 00:40   #19
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

good,pictures of dismatled engine tbh(if you do that)
Old 16th September 2008, 13:09   #20
chriswoodward
Established Member

YESSS!!!! WAHOOOO! SHE LIVES SHE LIVES!! a new set of spark plugs ht leads and she lives no longer coughing or spluttering next up need a stud extractor on that bastard stud on the cam cover!!| wahooo the mrs is going to be so happy!