Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 3rd March 2010, 21:43   #1
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light
Default help me out guys

right well were to begin,
i have always been big and tbh its never really botherd me massivley. but as of late its got a bit out of hand i jumped on a set of scales and was shock to see what i weighed.

i weighed in at a scary 23 stone not bad if you are 18 ft tall but im not in 5'11"
now this has really put the shitters up me as my old man is diabetic.

i have seen the dr about size thing and first of all he provided a tablet that allows fat to pass straight through you and then an appitite supressent both of which i took while dieting both of which had very little effect.

i then had a thiriod (sp) check and that came back fine.

he wants me to have a gastric band, which i dont want.
i have used something i got off a friend called t5's? i took them in the morning and before i went to the gym. i now cant afford them or my gym membership anymore due do being a broke student but these did seem to work.

here are my stats if you will lol.

height: 5'11"
weight: 23 st

i would like to weigh as little as possible but while still looking stocky.

can you guys help me out with things such as a diet plan and exercise routine?

thanks
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:59   #2
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
Gordi will become famous soon enough

t5's arnt good for you i dont think mate and arnt legal ither. just cut all the shit out of your diet. no burgers or crisps or nowt and drink water and water with juice only. make sure you have breakfast and just have a few small meals a day instead of 2 big ones. get yourself a plan put to together to at first i reckon get some fat off just doing cardio etc. running twice a week just do short runs at first to get your fitness up then make them longer and more intense week by week, also do some cycling etc. id start of trying this for a month or 2 and see how you get one, bet if you stick at it you will see results.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:06   #3
SaxoVTR2008
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Yamaha R1
SaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these parts

Get in the boxing gym, I geuninely think that boxing is the best thing.. We had a guy who was 120kg in our gym, 6 months later he weighs 75kg! it is the best place to be really, you don't have to fight or spar or anything just go for the fitness and you will shed the weight off
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:15   #4
Saxo-SX
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Saxo-SX is on a distinguished road

Have a browse on www.muscletalk.co.uk mate.

You'll find many people with similar aims to yourself that you can get good advice from
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:50   #5
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
Gordi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoVTR2008 View Post
Get in the boxing gym, I geuninely think that boxing is the best thing.. We had a guy who was 120kg in our gym, 6 months later he weighs 75kg! it is the best place to be really, you don't have to fight or spar or anything just go for the fitness and you will shed the weight off
i was guna say this. or muay thai but thought he might not be able to afford it. if you cant get a kick bag
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:58   #6
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

i do skip breakfast alot of the time and tend to have say a ham sanwich for dinner with a bag of crisp and a penguin biscuit or something similar. i also drink alot of fizzy drinks and tbh i dont know why because i prefer warter.
i have a push bike so im going to dust the cobwebs off that bugger as i do hardly any exercise maybe a kick about with the lads but that's it.

what are good foods to eat?
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:04   #7
SaxoVTR2008
Established Member

SaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these partsSaxoVTR2008 is infamous around these parts

Just eat normal, well balanced meals.. 3 meals a day.. I cant really talk as im forced to eat 5000 calories a day lol but id say porridge, pasta with say tuna, chicken and rice.. just no fatty foods or fried stuff and make sure you eat vegetables and fruit! as snacks throughout the day.. You should probably try swimming in the early morning, run or bike in the evening..
Old 4th March 2010, 06:36   #8
webby
Established Member

Well seeing as how boxing come recomended I'm going to stop in at my local place to see how much it will cost.
Was that going every night the lad who went from 120-75?
Old 4th March 2010, 11:22   #9
SaxoVTR2008
Established Member

Yer he practically went everynight, and wore one of those sauna suits! get one of them!
Old 4th March 2010, 12:20   #10
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Yeah like Mr. Motivator said above lol, Boxing is THE best sport to just become generally alot fitter, mixing cardio with strength.

The weight should drop off you.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:00   #11
webby
Established Member

Right o. Well I'm stopping at the boxing place today and those sauna suits are fairly cheap. How long a day are we talking an hour or so?
Old 4th March 2010, 14:02   #12
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Yeah the sweat suits make you sweat like a paedo in a playground but they're REALLY good, just remember to hydrate before and after.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 00:17   #13
scot-ish
Established Member

Car(s): Audi S5, Corsa, Defender 90 CSW
scot-ish is on a distinguished road

dont jump into it

that 45kg in 6 months, thats too much, you dont wanna loose over 1 stone every month, its not healthy

and at 23 stone, i doubt you gunna do much at boxing or that,

dont rush into things, go walking in the mornings before you eat, walk, jog untill you knackered, then walk to get your breath back, then jog again, if you have 30 or 40 mins in the morning, to just do that, and then drink aload of water, and reduce your portion sizes.

at 23 stone, if you drop too much too soon, you will only pile it back on, i know from experience

i dropped from 17 stone to 13 stone in 3 months, then had no time to exercise with study and exams, and now im back up at 16 stone 8. piled it all back on in 2 months, and thats not really eating junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I've seen pics of him and he's like Ayres Rock with tattoos.
scot-ish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scot-ish For This Useful Post:
Old 8th March 2010, 20:35   #14
chris_ph2
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Ice Grey VTR
chris_ph2 is an unknown quantity at this point

5/6 small meals a day, no snacking between meals, low carbs, low fat, low sugar, loads of water, loads of cardio - running, biking etc, join gym classes, walk/bike wherever possible. sorted!

2003 Ice Grey VTR: K&N Panel, Raceland 4-1, Decat, Supersprint/Piper Stainless, Superchip, Quickshift, Eibach 50mm, OZ SuperTs, T1Rs, OMP Brace, Smoked Lights, 118.9bhp
Progress topic: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129304
chris_ph2 is offline   Reply With Quote