Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 13th April 2012, 19:00   #21
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
yes. Both Piper and Supersprint are the same length as the standard backbox. This means the parts are interchangable. You can use the supersprint mid silencer centre pipe. The piper is a large 8" diameter cylinder and is the longest - so has the most wadding inside. Our KAM Racing backbox is about an inch shorter cylinder in comparison
Cool

I have the 3" piper inward rolled jobber

So that plus one of your super sprint silenced mid pipes should be just the job?

And am I correct that 3" is quieter than 2" as there's more deadening?
Old 13th April 2012, 19:07   #22
RyanSaxo
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): The 'S
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RyanSaxo is infamous around these partsRyanSaxo is infamous around these partsRyanSaxo is infamous around these partsRyanSaxo is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Cool

So that plus one of your super sprint silenced mid pipes should be just the job?

I have the 3inch outward rolled piper on a supersprint race section fitted to mine fine - but it's too loud. With a silencer it would be much better...

However, when I fitted the piper backbox to the standard centre section, to get the pipe to look good sat in the bumper recess the join angle moved the centre pipe "slightly - it really was only slightly" off centre of the groove in the under car. This then caused, at lower revs when the exhaust vibrates more, the centre silencer to knock on the underside of the car and make a god awful vibration.

I don't know if that would be solved with stiffer rubbers or if the supersprint silencer is narrower than the standard vts item. Or if you're not as picky as me with regards to lining up the pipe in the bumper recess for best looks.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:42   #23
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Cool

There is the same sound deadening. Only the tailpipe is a different size. Due to harmonics usually the 3" will sound louder.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote