Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 3rd July 2014, 22:43   #81
vtr91
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 3/4 vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
vtr91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by u33db View Post
Yes.

But if you reset the light it takes around 30-40 miles to detect its been blanked again which will get you through the MOT, or you could just reset it and remove the blank for the MOT.

You get various blanks ranging from a dummy EGR to a small plate that slides in between the EGR and exhaust return pipe...if you get one of those its just case of loosening the 2 nuts and pulling the plate out...5 minute job to fit/remove.

Engine management lights are not an RFR and will pass an Mot for future reference
vtr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:49   #82
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

I'd rather have a holiday. Lol
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 17:48   #83
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Had the rear windows tinted today in medium black (not that you can really tell in this pic).
Its now got the triple-r splitter fitted on the front as well which I did a while back.

Next up is definitely a remap. Thinking of AMD Essex to do it as they seem to have a good reputation and its a custom map rather than a flash map. Will be serviced beforehand though as its due one and to make sure it's all healthy. Front pads and rear arb bushes need doing too. Still needs the install doing but may do that next time I have a week off.

Here's a few more photos from over the summer

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Old 18th October 2014, 18:32   #84
Hazmanscoop
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Hazmanscoop is on a distinguished road

Wow!

Car is looking stunning mate! really liking the mods on this, the wheels and the splitter really set it off. im currently looking at getting one of these as an upgrade after the saxo.

Any advice when looking for a decent one? Wheres best to be looking for them? found a few on ebay and autotrader, a lot of car for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
I managed to make it outside once but i didnt like it - i couldnt work out how to click on people and trees and stuff
Hazmanscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 19:07   #85
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Thanks mate.

They carry ain't are a lot of car for the money. Trader and eBay are probably your est bet but there's owners forums on the net and Facebook that have selling page and the other usual places like Gumtree.

Just the usual things to look for really. Rust on the arches and bottom of doors. Injectors can fail at around 80k and clutch/dmf. Egr valves clog up and the hose that connects the egr to the turbo can split. Look for lots of smoke on acceleration and a slight hesitation when going on the accelerator.
Oh and the bumpers can start to sag which is quite easy to fix and front bumpers sit low so often get knocked.
Quote:
Old 18th October 2014, 19:15   #86
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Looks really smart that.

I have a cracked front bumper like most but not sorting yet.

I have plans for mine after Xmas for front bumper repair, splitter, uprated intercooler, induction kit, decat and remap.

I love mine as it gives good MPG and it's a quick car considering its size.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 19:19   #87
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Exactly. For the money I can't think of anything better to drive or that is better equipped.

Cooler and decat really improve the castle though. Mine revs almost like a petrol car now and it pulls a lot harder. Remap should compliment all the mods nicely.

I've cracked my bumper. The splitter holds it together. Looking for a replacement but they are stupid money. Might have it painted next year.
Quote:
Old 18th October 2014, 19:24   #88
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
Exactly. For the money I can't think of anything better to drive or that is better equipped.

Cooler and decat really improve the castle though. Mine revs almost like a petrol car now and it pulls a lot harder. Remap should compliment all the mods nicely.

I've cracked my bumper. The splitter holds it together. Looking for a replacement but they are stupid money. Might have it painted next year.
What decat did you go for?

I don't really want to upgrade the whole system tbh and need to sort the crank pulley before I do anything.

What intercooler as well? I was looking at racebits gen 2.
Old 18th October 2014, 19:31   #89
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

I've got the Graeme welch one. Can't fault it. Got it off eBay.
Cooler is the airtec one. I got it second hand for same price as a racebits one. Loads of people use the racebits or a universal one.
Quote:
Old 18th October 2014, 19:34   #90
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Have you upgraded the whole system or just swapped out the cat? The exhausts are SS anyway aren't they?
Old 18th October 2014, 19:37   #91
DavidsVTR
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '02 VTR, '92 106 XSI 16v
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
DavidsVTR is on a distinguished road

Looks great Andy !
Love them wheels, suit it really well

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=354424 <-- Ice Grey VTR Progress!
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=459153 <-- Cherry red XSI 16v Project!
DavidsVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 19:58   #92
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
Have you upgraded the whole system or just swapped out the cat? The exhausts are SS anyway aren't they?
Yeah I've done the full lot. Larger bore as I knew Id be tuning it. It doesn't make that weird noise when coming off boost as well which is a bonus.

Not sure if they're stainless but the standards made of decent steel anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsVTR View Post
Looks great Andy !
Love them wheels, suit it really well
Cheers David. Yours is looking well too
Quote:
Old 18th March 2015, 21:04   #93
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Update time:

I've swapped all the air hoses for silicone versions, including the induction hose.
Holds boost a bit better now. Cleaned the egr valve out again and then sent the car off to msd in Blackpool for a remap. It pulls a lot stronger through the gears now. Pretty happy with it as it stands.

Finally fixed the pdc system as well. Turns out a sensor had gone down and the control box had fried itself. Ford offered to fix it for £350. £30 and eBay did the job instead.

Car is currently on base model rims for winter. New set of summer tyres coming next payday and a refurb of the rota wheels and they'll be back on.

Also getting quotes to tidy up the bodywork and smooth the front plate recess. And still need to finish off the boot install.

Busy times!
Quote: