Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd October 2013, 21:27   #61
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Nagging you to sell it? I hope you've told her to fuck off!
Indeed I have ha.. realised how much of a nag she is in the last few hours... wouldn't mind but it's the 'told you so' kind of attitude.

I know how to drive I'm not a complete retard however I make mistakes as I'm human this being one of them.

If I was driving hard it probably wouldn't of happened, It genuinely took me by suprise as I was driving fairly steady, caught me off guard and I didn't react well enough for the scenario.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 23rd October 2013 at 21:29.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:34   #62
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

its not tyres its just you dont have the experience with it. thats all. mine had toyo proxies and was awesome in the wet
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:40   #63
Viper
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): S2 Exige 240S, CLS63 AMG, Freelander
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!Viper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
its not tyres its just you dont have the experience with it. thats all. mine had toyo proxies and was awesome in the wet
Yeah, the problem with yours was the brakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Ok Viper, you are 100% correct concerning everything, sorry to have interrupted your discussion, please continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1 View Post
Beastiallity... They're always blowing seals. Ba-dum-tssh!
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:08   #64
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
Not blaming the tyres at all.. admit it is my fault and inexperience with the car.

Saying thatbit seemed to put the power down well on the straights and never spun... but was gonna change them and save them for spring/summer and bang on some winter suited tyres..

Old 23rd October 2013, 22:30   #65
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

nah not saying you are saying its the tyres mate, i was just saying the tyres are good. like you say not enough experience, just paying out a lot on tyres that dont need changing waste of cash! i drove like a grandad for a few months till i got used to car
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:43   #66
LSOfreak
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
LSOfreak has a spectacular aura aboutLSOfreak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
I was actually being nice. Its easy for me to judge as I've driven more miles than most people here will even think about in a lifetime. I've been lucky to never crash. I agree with the comment about a bit of tuition ir maybe some private land or even trackday to get to grips with a big upgrade that is an evo.

Could happen to anyone.
what do you do?
Originally Posted by timmythechef View Post
Best mk1 on this site IMO.
LSOfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:46   #67
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSOfreak View Post
what do you do?
was in army lol

i drive 700 miles a week and have done for near on 7 years

if everyone on here thinks about driving one million miles then its more than joe, making his statement wrong
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:48   #68
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Doesn't hardpenis-joe drive lorries now?
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:49   #69
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

i heard he rides blokes
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Yates For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:55   #70
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Wounded for you mate! I know how it feels, I had a van go into the side of my much loved euroR and totaled the side of it as you may have seen the pics. Was so gutting as the car was in such good condition, and so embarrassing with the old owner seeing what had happened even though it wernt my fault. So same boat in a way!

Hopefully you dont have to wait months like I did for the parts to be sourced from all over the world.

I would imagine the light will be the most expensive and the other parts pretty minor.
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:37   #71
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
Wounded for you mate! I know how it feels, I had a van go into the side of my much loved euroR and totaled the side of it as you may have seen the pics. Was so gutting as the car was in such good condition, and so embarrassing with the old owner seeing what had happened even though it wernt my fault. So same boat in a way!

Hopefully you dont have to wait months like I did for the parts to be sourced from all over the world.

I would imagine the light will be the most expensive and the other parts pretty minor.
Ouch didn't know that mate gutted to hear for you!!

I have manage to source a headlight off an mlr member for £50 already had 2 clear front indicators as de tangoing which cost me £30

O/s front wing in sat silver £150
Bumper £250
Oil cooler £40
O/s front fog £60
Front archliner may be salvageable
Rear bumper scuffed so needs respray
Front o/s wheel repair £100 (worse case or maybe new alloy)

Old 23rd October 2013, 23:48   #72
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Ouch didn't know that mate gutted to hear for you!!

I have manage to source a headlight off an mlr member for £50 already had 2 clear front indicators as de tangoing which cost me £30

O/s front wing in sat silver £150
Bumper £250
Oil cooler £40
O/s front fog £60
Front archliner may be salvageable
Rear bumper scuffed so needs respray
Front o/s wheel repair £100 (worse case or maybe new alloy)
Yehh lol, it happened back in March and ive only just got the settlement check from insurance! The clown that was parked on the roundabout that drove into me confessed immediately that he was to blame so no worries there.

I paid a little over £2000 out my own pocket to fix up the damage which was:

New N/S Wing
New N/S Door
New N/S Skirt
New N/S Wind Mirror which was near enough £300 on its own then all the bits of trim etc, it came to £1400 for parts from Honda and they took months to be sourced from all over the world mainly Japan, as its a JDM only model. then got them all sprayed up and fitted.

Sounds like you are making an easy job of fixing yours up! The joys of being able to get parts in the UK for it! Not as bad as it sounds now!
Old 23rd October 2013, 23:59   #73
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
Yehh lol, it happened back in March and ive only just got the settlement check from insurance! The clown that was parked on the roundabout that drove into me confessed immediately that he was to blame so no worries there.

I paid a little over £2000 out my own pocket to fix up the damage which was:

New N/S Wing
New N/S Door
New N/S Skirt
New N/S Wind Mirror which was near enough £300 on its own then all the bits of trim etc, it came to £1400 for parts from Honda and they took months to be sourced from all over the world mainly Japan, as its a JDM only model. then got them all sprayed up and fitted.

Sounds like you are making an easy job of fixing yours up! The joys of being able to get parts in the UK for it! Not as bad as it sounds now!
You have made me feel better.. trader thru mlr does next day delivery also... I can get an aftermarket pair of wings used in time atrack for £205 for the pair.

Might upgrade certain parts to make the whole thing work in my favour. Glad your sorted now mate!

Old 24th October 2013, 00:03   #74
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
You have made me feel better.. trader thru mlr does next day delivery also... I can get an aftermarket pair of wings used in time atrack for £205 for the pair.

Might upgrade certain parts to make the whole thing work in my favour. Glad your sorted now mate!
Definitely mate, if anything breaks or needs replacing I always see what upgrades are available! May aswell while you are at it!
Old 24th October 2013, 07:47   #75
MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

Gutted for you pal!

No worse feeling really regardless of how long you had it when it's your pride and joy!
That excess is madness though, but I guess that it's there for situations like this.

Like you said though, get a lil run around and leave this as a weekend toy if you can afford it!
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 11:56   #76
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Been pricing stuff up today and lining parts up.

Decided to go with an original replacement in sat silver for the front wing.

Getting a tommi mak front bumper which will require spraying however omits the front foglights so saves me buying replacement fog or fog caps and ibprefer this look on the front.

Going to get the rear bumper resprayed as well as it has several scuffs from the accident but not damaged other than paint.

Going to upgrade the oil cooler, a motec has come up on mlr so tempted to upgrade to this or similar instead of replacing with an original.

Front wheel repaired and resprayed.

Had a quote from the best bodyshop in my area to respray front and rear bumpers and repair my alloy and got a price of £600 does this seem about right?

Theres no stone chips or marks on any other panels so want the car as she was really.

Old 24th October 2013, 12:38   #77
wassy78
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): saxo vts . honda hrv modified to the max
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
wassy78 is on a distinguished road

omg least your ok .....and your bollocks are still ok to man up like some people wouldn't bet your dad was shocked to just watching and nothing he could of done . as said easy fix ive had a few things for few days and fucked it up one that always sticks in my head when I was a kid wanted a radio control car but mum was on her own so asking her for a 200+ toy but I asked ... went to model shop she agreed to do a Christmas saving she wanted the shop to build it as with it being my first prop radio control car total was 270 all in I was so happy . Christmas day came I was buzzing made ramps in the garden the lot that day there was a shop up from my street that never closed . my mum wanted something I couldn't wait to take the car out more so I did ... as im going up the road a car as going by and fuck knows why my new toy lol just fucked off in middle of the road and the driver ran over it ....was gutted to tell my mum as she try so hard to get me one after Christmas I used all my money to get it fixed .. and bought a better crystal for the controller to stop interference ...sorry long story but everyone was ok and life goes on just glad your ok
My Euro Hulk << clicky
Epic Hulk Build Photo's
wassy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 14:42   #78
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

That 600 seems a ridiculous price mate. I paid 120 for a front bumper, also paid 270 for 18" wheels all powder coated. Id ask them to break down the quote so you know what's been quoted for each bit.
Old 24th October 2013, 22:59   #79
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Not sure whats up with your alloy to judge whether thats a good price or not.

Take the bumpers to them off of the car to make it easier and cheaper.

I paid £400 for a door and wing, both supplied off of the car, so no masking etc and also for my rear existing door to be blended in. My paint is a pearl paint so cost a bit more to do.

Ive been quoted £120 for the front bumper and £140 for my rear bumper including some filling done on the rear.
Old 24th October 2013, 23:55   #80
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Got kind of lucky.. a trader knocks up their own front bumpers that are of high quality and used by a few mlr members.

http://www.evoowners.co.uk/f28/epp-c...#axzz2ig97etRs

They also have front wing in my colour and good condition with no marks

They will make the bumper and spray it in my colour within 2-3 days and they have headlights and other parts I need for £650 delivered.

This saves me a lot of time with getting the car in a state that it can be put on the road maybe even next weekend fingers crossed.

Going to put the spare wheel on saturday and get the wheel refurbed and then I can sort the scuff on the back bumper out once my car is on the road as that is merely cosmetic and I have had a quote from the local bodyshop of £120 to sort that out and £50-£75 for the wheel repair and respray

Will then have geo setup and tracking done etc. And get the car in the following weekend for the rear bumper respray...

Fingers crossed.