Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 10th January 2014, 14:06   #21
RobVT
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): 16v Rallye S2
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
RobVT is on a distinguished road

After nearly a week of ownershi i personally think that i made the right choice picking the xbox one... all my mates have it, only thing thats annoying is battlefield4 and partys
Old 10th January 2014, 17:20   #22
TomT
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
TomT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVT View Post
After nearly a week of ownershi i personally think that i made the right choice picking the xbox one... all my mates have it, only thing thats annoying is battlefield4 and partys
Why what's wrong with the parties?

Heard they're doing a big update of parties and friends etc earlier but tbh I haven't even used the party system yet
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 18:15   #23
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHannah View Post
Why what's wrong with the parties?

Heard they're doing a big update of parties and friends etc earlier but tbh I haven't even used the party system yet
There are a couple of issues. Parties are set for certain games between people. So if me and you are playing FIFA, then Rob joins playing another game, me and you wouldn't be able to invite each other as our party is no longer for FIFA.

If we play Battlefield and start a party and then go into FIFA, the party is still for Battlefield and won't allow invites in FIFA.

If we try to play FIFA 1v1 and there's 3 of us, we can't invite as there are to many people.

Big update should be coming soon.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 22:04   #24
hainey
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2003 saxo 1.1 desire
hainey is on a distinguished road

Me personally I'd go for Xbox one, can't get used to playstation controllers atall there way too small feel like there going to break them when use them
hainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2014, 22:24   #25
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

the PS4 controllers are way better than previous iterations. The battery life is meant to be a bit ropey though.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 12:15   #26
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
battery life bit ropey

dude can't solder for shit, but the point is, I've done battery upgrades on various items and it can be worth the hassle.

Last edited by Manu; 12th January 2014 at 12:18.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 12:54   #27
TomT
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
TomT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGoa9xjKfqI

dude can't solder for shit, but the point is, I've done battery upgrades on various items and it can be worth the hassle.
Is that a genuine suggestion?
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 17:31   #28
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I've repaired/upgraded battery packs in quite a few devices before. It's not rocket science tbh, and it's dirt cheap in most cases. Wouldn't hesitate to hack into a ps4 pad if that means having a controller that can stay unplugged for 6+ times longer. :edit: though I wouldn't hack into something that is under warranty, as in if it's not broken don't fix it. But if I feel like the battery life is really dire, I'll just upgrade the thing.

It's not a necessary mod by any means, though in some cases it's a repair as batteries and battery packs start to fail or die eventually. It's more like creatures comforts, for instance I've replaced my 500 mA satnav battery pack with one that's 8000. That's driving for over eight hours without having to plug it in

Now if you want a genuine suggestion: I bought a 5 meter usb extension for my pad, so you have that much extra cable when you need it, instead of having to be right next to the console.

Last edited by Manu; 12th January 2014 at 17:42.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote