Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th December 2011, 21:17   #1
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!
Default Anyone using a swivel tv wall mount?

Looking at buying a wall mount for my TV, ideally be able to swivel to get a good angle. As it stands, the TV is on an old PC stand and its taking up room and making the TV too high.

Anyone got a recommendation of a good one?

Ta
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 21:22   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Got mine on an arm, can move the TV around anyway I want. Duronic, Designer Habitat and One for All are the best brands on top of my head. Just make sure you get one that handles more weight than what your TV weighs + look for swivel and tilt, more convenient.

This might be an example of what you want: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Hab...3552323&sr=1-6

Last edited by Manu; 11th December 2011 at 09:19.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 21:49   #3
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Spot on, exactly what Im after. Are they a good make?

80kg, lol, Im looking to mount a TV, not me

Thanks man.
Old 10th December 2011, 21:59   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

I just bought a cheapy from eBay and it's lasted 3 years so far without any problem. Only a 26" that's on it and it's been fine

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 09:18   #5
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
Spot on, exactly what Im after. Are they a good make?

80kg, lol, Im looking to mount a TV, not me

Thanks man.
Yeah, they're really good. Then being myself extremely demanding with equipment, I wouldn't recommend cheap crap.

I know it's for TVs up to 80 kgs but the trick is: you can add more screws on the wall and by doing so you spread the weight and strain on each and everyone.

You didn't say which size is your TV so I assumed the heaviest, you can downsize from that point and find out what is suitable. Anything under 32" is a piece of piss though do it with a mate, better safe than sorry.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:12   #6
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

yeah mines just a 32"
Old 11th December 2011, 10:23   #7
Manu
Saxperience Addict

piece of cake then, but get a friend with you in case someone has to hold the telly while the other one puts it all together on the wall. Last recommendation: use bigass screws on the wall:

Old 11th December 2011, 11:06   #8
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 36 (97%)
rorz_vts will become famous soon enough

I got mine off eBay iirc it was about £20 and it's held my 40" up no bother, didn't trust it to start with lol
Old 11th December 2011, 19:16   #9
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Got mines out of Maplin years ago and it is still standing strong. Pretty sure it was around the 25 > 30 mark plus its a multi fit and can take bigger tvs. I used "hammer fixing screws" from B&Q

All in all I think I spent 35 quid to hang it

I can also assure you that the wall will fall down before the tv comes off it. If you use the above
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 21:30   #10
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Just a gyproc wall, Ill need to see if theres any batons I can fix it too.
Old 12th December 2011, 09:23   #11
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Take back my previous statement then about hammer fixings.
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 11:07   #12
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 36 (97%)
rorz_vts will become famous soon enough

i used hammer fixings aswel with a set of m12 bolts
Old 12th December 2011, 12:44   #13
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Gab use the fixings that Manu has highlighted above. I have used these on all my gyproc mounted tv's. You can get a setting gun for them to that speeds up the process a bit

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote