Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 7th January 2015, 16:06   #1
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road
Default Shootings in Paris (Charlie Hebdo)

Absolutely sickening.
Full story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...do-attack.html

I'm not going to write a response about it, I don't have enough time. But I've seen various posts already over Facebook from clueless idiots sparking the usual debates. Should just blow them all up tbh 'nuke', fucking muslims etc etc.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 16:51   #2
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Those posts have made my skin crawl too. I'm completely anti-religion, including Christianity, Catholic, Muslim and this recent incident reinforces my beliefs. What a terrible shame the freedom of speech enjoyed by the media for centuries is being disallowed by a bunch of brainwashed fools.
Old 7th January 2015, 17:37   #3
fireball
L-plater

fireball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdawayt View Post
Those posts have made my skin crawl too. I'm completely anti-religion, including Christianity, Catholic, Muslim and this recent incident reinforces my beliefs. What a terrible shame the freedom of speech enjoyed by the media for centuries is being disallowed by a bunch of brainwashed fools.
likewise , im anti-religion too , there is more war over religion than anything else , there are some religions which I dislike ( not difficult to guess )and others which don't really bother me , however I think if they all were to vanish it would improve this hugely , however although I got banned from another forum for speaking how I actually think about this matter, so carefull what Im saying
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 17:39   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

The only main evil in the world is religion itself,just because a person/people worship something other than another group does not give them the right to kill others.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 18:02   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Some 30 plus defenceless people shot with at least 13 of them being killed. To say it was a tragedy is a understatement. As the old proverb goes, if you disarm society only the criminals will be armed. So much for gun control..... I would strongly encourage all Muslims to speak up against terrorist acts done in there name.

Last edited by AXracing; 7th January 2015 at 18:22.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 18:17   #6
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
The only main evil in the world is religion itself,just because a person/people worship something other than another group does not give them the right to kill others.
It isn't though. It's the extremists. I know many people who would consider themselves religious, who are the nicest most caring people you could ever meet. All they want is to follow their god and live in peace.

Extremists are the complete opposite bat shit crazy killing machines who want everyone who doesn't follow their god to die. Religious should be the last word to describe them.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 18:28   #7
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

You only need 1 religion it's called respect.
Old 7th January 2015, 18:31   #8
sexysaxo_dan
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Furio 1.4l
sexysaxo_dan is on a distinguished road

saw footage on social media earlier of the officer being gunned down. He gets shot and falls to the floor, the gunmen then run over to him, looks like the officer puts his hand up to plead for his life and they just carelessly 'execute' the poor guy. No remorse shown.

Awful.
Old 7th January 2015, 18:36   #9
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizanthapus View Post
It isn't though. It's the extremists. I know many people who would consider themselves religious, who are the nicest most caring people you could ever meet. All they want is to follow their god and live in peace.
It is true there are people like this but not all. The problem is most religious interpretations of gods will are anything but this. If you question most religious people you will soon get to the darker side with strong fascist and oppressive tendencies prevalent in most religions.

Last edited by AXracing; 7th January 2015 at 18:46.
Old 7th January 2015, 21:18   #10
Heliosphan
Established Member

Heliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to beholdHeliosphan is a splendid one to behold

Whenever something like this happens, people always jump on the 'religion is the root of all problems' bandwagon. It's understandable but only true to a certain extent. For instance, the Nazis didn't do what they did in the name of religion. Neither did Stalin's Soviet regime do what they did in the name of religion. What both did have, was an extreme interpretation of their respective ideologies. So religion is just a set of ideas, like Nationalism, Communism or whatever else.

Another point. Shooting people because of insulting a god is extreme in anyone's book. But view those actions through the lens of the number of people who support the death penalty for blasphemy in say Pakistan or Egypt and you might begin to wonder how many muslims around the world actually sympathise with these actions.
Heliosphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 21:55   #11
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Well religion is an idealogy it's a set of rules and thinking that people live by,the danger is how it's interpreted.if you look at how british muslims have gone to fight in syria it's partly down to a disaffected youth.now you can draw a parellel with this and how the nazi's came to power after a period of depression.the radical elements draw on this and their followers a false sense of hope a sense of belonging.
Old 7th January 2015, 22:11   #12
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Fucking shocking stuff like this boils my piss. That's all I'm saying as I'll get banned.
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2015, 22:13   #13
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Fucking shocking stuff like this boils my piss. That's all I'm saying as I'll get banned.
It does mine as well,but that's the whole point mate free speech.i don't like a lot of what i hear but i don't go out and shoot people.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:52   #14
fireball
L-plater

fireball is on a distinguished road

problem is there is a huge number of people and organisations involved in this , IS, al-queda and all the rest of them all come down to one religion , you count the number of events the last few years ( from 9/11 on ) its growing and if not stopped soon they will have every country by the balls then its over for everyone, just get rid of the lot of them , granted not all are terrorists but what they belive in is not healthy anyway and is the root of much of these issues, I know muslim people but id be quite happy to see them disappear if it were to stop all this , I can live without a kebab if I have to

hopefully not said anything to get a ban
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 00:15   #15
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

Dom is on a distinguished road

I do not condone any of what had happened today.

The Charlie Hebdo organisation constantly publishing the things they have been is provoking such extremists. You keep poking a dog in its bollocks, it won't be too long until it bites back. Hence the target of today's attacks was on this organisation.

The extremists, although a very small quantity are martyrs as such, they are getting what they want, massive worldwide attention to their cause and movement.

There are many sides to the whole saga of whos to blame for what, we hear very very little of the civilian casualties of Afghan/Iraq citizens and other such places caused by British and US soldiers, there is factual evidence of both sets of soldiers sometimes losing the plot and shooting dead innocent people for fun in both pre mentioned war zones. How much of a tragedy does anyone class that as on this side of the world?

On the UK's side of the argument, the militants are perceived as the bad people, and we are brainwashed to believe this by the media. Although it may be true, these militants are pretty fucked people. I saw a post on Facebook earlier where someone said;
"Why are you dirty Muslims shooting up in a country that's not yours?! Go back to your own blah blah blah"
I couldn't help reply to it with a statement saying "why would they do that whilst we're shooting up their lands for them"

It's just two beliefs clashing. It's a shame to see, but as the saying goes, that's life.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 07:37   #16
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
On the UK's side of the argument, the militants are perceived as the bad people, and we are brainwashed to believe this by the media. Although it may be true, these militants are pretty fucked people. I saw a post on Facebook earlier where someone said;
"Why are you dirty Muslims shooting up in a country that's not yours?! Go back to your own blah blah blah"
I couldn't help reply to it with a statement saying "why would they do that whilst we're shooting up their lands for them"
You have a rather sickening comparison. It does not matter if its the IS or the IRA. You can not compare terrorist actions targeted against civilians to legitimate military or peacekeeping actions. Take Iraq for example. Who started the war? Who invaded who? Yes there was civilian casualties but it was never a goal on our side of the conflict and it was Iraq who started the military action. Then Afghanistan we did not go there to soot it up. The reality is we lost so many troops there because of our very tight rules of engagement. These rules are to save civilians above even our own troops. The cowardly terrorist that target innocent civilians have no such values or morality. It does not matter what justification you try and use terrorists of this manor are evil.

Last edited by AXracing; 8th January 2015 at 07:41.
Old 8th January 2015, 08:02   #17
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post

The Charlie Hebdo organisation constantly publishing the things they have been is provoking such extremists. You keep poking a dog in its bollocks, it won't be too long until it bites back. Hence the target of today's attacks was on this organisation.
This!

If anyone was to continually bad mouth Britain, they'd be condemed. If it continues, it'd escalate into something more.

The company has been attacked previously due to their cartoons and the head editors was under police protection due to death threats.

What the hell did they expect to happen if they carried on?

(I do NOT condone what happened and I'm not defending what they've done in any shape or form)
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 08:06   #18
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

That magazine poked fun at EVERYONE though, not just Muslims.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 09:41   #19
Dom
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region Member

Dom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
You have a rather sickening comparison. It does not matter if its the IS or the IRA. You can not compare terrorist actions targeted against civilians to legitimate military or peacekeeping actions. Take Iraq for example. Who started the war? Who invaded who? Yes there was civilian casualties but it was never a goal on our side of the conflict and it was Iraq who started the military action. Then Afghanistan we did not go there to soot it up. The reality is we lost so many troops there because of our very tight rules of engagement. These rules are to save civilians above even our own troops. The cowardly terrorist that target innocent civilians have no such values or morality. It does not matter what justification you try and use terrorists of this manor are evil.
I'll reply to you properly when I stop driving.

Edit; stopped now, these are the types of incidents I am referring to;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-rampage.html

What you have done is taken what I said, twisted it and tried to feed it back in a way where you try and justify a separate point. They killed 12 in cold blood yesterday, the American killed 16 in cold blood.

As I said, I don't condone any of it, but that's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
That magazine poked fun at EVERYONE though, not just Muslims.
If someone you didn't know constantly took the piss out of you, would you stand there and take it? I personally wouldn't. This is an organisation that was constantly posting religiously aggravated things, expect a back lash.

Last edited by Dom; 8th January 2015 at 10:03.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 09:59   #20
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Religion is the root of all evil. Think of how much killing has been done in the name of religion.

I could go on all day about this but I think the people who are deeply religious are pretty much idiots (I don't mean that to sound harsh but it's true). The bible along with all the other religious books was written by what is essentially another man. So you are believing in the words of someone who wrote something down just like you and I would now.

Then there's killing in the name of god. Since when in any of these religions has it been the want of god to avenge anyone who goes against him? Essentially these people are taking the piss out of their own god.

If you want to impose your religious views on others you should go somewhere where these religions are widely adopted.

The worse thing about this is that there is no stopping it and it won't be long before an attack happens in the UK again.

As for those that say it was a provoked attack, how does that make it right? people joke at other misfortunes all the time and you don't see people going about killing them for it.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote