Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 3rd January 2010, 21:36   #1
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen saxo furio
Rob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to behold
Default 5.1 speakers on iPhone

Hi, I've got a logitech 5.1 sound system. I'm currently using it as speakers for my iPhone. Only two speakers and sub are working, the others arnt.
When plugged onto xbox they all work so I know it's not a fault.

Is it something the iPhone needs, if so can I get it.
Thanks rob
Rob_Furio7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:37   #2
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

The iPhone can't output 5.1 surround sound.
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:44   #3
Slyboogie
Regular Poster

Slyboogie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
This .
Slyboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:46   #4
gaz4399
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1275 mini
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
gaz4399 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
+1 same situation with my 5.1 surround sound
gaz4399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:29   #5
SaxGeek
L-plater
Ireland Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A
SaxGeek is on a distinguished road

Above is the jack the iPhone uses.

Look at the two black lines, that means it has two channels.
Left and Right = Stereo.

So basically, your answer is no.

It's not just an iPhone - no device can output to 5.1 with a 2 channel jack as 5.1 uses 5 channels...
SaxGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:29   #6
SaxGeek
L-plater
Ireland Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Edit, actually your iPhone will have another line but this is only for the remote control and the mic on the headphones.
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:17   #7
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Is this the logitech with 3 cables which go into one of the speakers? and then this speaker connects to the sub, and the sub connects to the rest of the speakers?

If this is right use the provided phono adapter and then by a 3.5 to phono, this is what i have done and now all speakers work.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 08:19   #8
SaxGeek
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Is this the logitech with 3 cables which go into one of the speakers? and then this speaker connects to the sub, and the sub connects to the rest of the speakers?

If this is right use the provided phono adapter and then by a 3.5 to phono, this is what i have done and now all speakers work.
It is possible to output stereo to all of the speakers. But this is not 5.1 still stereo, literally the left speakers will be outputting the same noise. And the right...

If you are planning to listen to music via the speakers, this is only recorded in stereo anyway! So no matter how you output it - it'll be stereo ;-)

geek
Old 4th January 2010, 08:43   #9
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

Rob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to beholdRob_Furio7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post

Cheers guys thanks for the help. It's the logitech x530 I think. One speaker has 3 plugs, one of them plugs into the phone or it can be plugged into connector terminal do xbox can be plugged to it. Rest of the speakers plug into sub
Old 4th January 2010, 11:30   #10
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Furio7 View Post
Cheers guys thanks for the help. It's the logitech x530 I think. One speaker has 3 plugs, one of them plugs into the phone or it can be plugged into connector terminal do xbox can be plugged to it. Rest of the speakers plug into sub
yeah, i have this, do what i said and it will work, how ever as above it wont be true 5.1 but it will be outputted from all speakers, which is what i assumed you wanted in the firstplace.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 11:32   #11
UltraSBM
L-plater

Car(s): 99 Saxo 1.1, 06 Focus Zetec, 04 Honda CBR600RR
UltraSBM is on a distinguished road

...Unless you connect it to an AV Receiver with a DSP to split the channels dependant on the frequency...But it'll be "Fake 5.1"
UltraSBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 13:29   #12
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

I didn't think I would be able to get true 5.1, but I want all speakers working. So cheers for the advice I'll buy that this week!
Old 4th January 2010, 13:42   #13
Rob_Furio7
Established Member
South West Region Member

Do I need a 3.5mm Jack to 2X RCA Phono