Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

View Poll Results: PS3 or 360
Playstation 3 31 55.36%
Xbox 360 25 44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th April 2008, 23:14   #1
mcchriswood
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1. Punto Sporting 2. VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
mcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nice
Default PS3 or Xbox 360

with the arrival of GTA 4 i think its time to get another console. did have a Xbox 360 when it first come out but soon got bored and sold it. What do people think is more worth getting out of the PS and the Xbox?? thanks guys.
chris
mcchriswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 23:28   #2
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Dude your gonna get so many mixed opinions, there is no point in having a pole, this was only done a couple of weeks ago as well. If you have an Xbox try out a PS3 and see what you think, you can always trade it in for the 360 again if you don't like it
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 23:38   #3
mcchriswood
Frequent Poster

mcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nice

yeh i did have a quick search but i couldnt find it...i loved the online part of Xbox 360 but then that makes me think i dont know what the hype is about a PS3 ...what does it have too offer. ok thanks anyway mate wioll probably try a Playstation. looking to get a console tomorrow or day after
Old 29th April 2008, 23:41   #4
Crunkers
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): 53 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!Crunkers is absolutely fabulous!

Like I saw mate, give it ago, if you don't like it, then swap it at a Gamestation or something
Crunkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 23:48   #5
mcchriswood
Frequent Poster

ok mate thanks
Old 30th April 2008, 00:05   #6
shooorn94
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1.1??
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!shooorn94 is absolutely fabulous!

Just as mccrunk said.

I'm in the same position, I need to save my dosh tbh (bits for the car, holidays, the summer etc.) so thats a major factor in my decision.

My only problem is that in a few years the PS3 will far outdo the 360 in terms of graphical capabilities and the games it will run, imo it's not running at its full potential atm.

For a cheap console thats ahead of the game, with good games and nice features jump on the 360. If you want to be set for the future and make a nice investment, have the PS3.

PS2 online sucked for me tbh It stopped working eventually which annoyed me so much as it was so fun with mates 4 player.

Test them both and decide matey apparently the wii-ness of the PS3 control is stupid, don't know personally.
Old 30th April 2008, 10:01   #7
mark-vts
L-plater

mark-vts is on a distinguished road

i have both,shame the 360 was in the ps3 shell,that would be best!!!
mark-vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 11:23   #8
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooorn94 View Post
Just as mccrunk said.

I'm in the same position, I need to save my dosh tbh (bits for the car, holidays, the summer etc.) so thats a major factor in my decision.

My only problem is that in a few years the PS3 will far outdo the 360 in terms of graphical capabilities and the games it will run, imo it's not running at its full potential atm.

For a cheap console thats ahead of the game, with good games and nice features jump on the 360. If you want to be set for the future and make a nice investment, have the PS3.

PS2 online sucked for me tbh It stopped working eventually which annoyed me so much as it was so fun with mates 4 player.

Test them both and decide matey apparently the wii-ness of the PS3 control is stupid, don't know personally.
except the 360 has more graphical power...but a less powerful core processor.
Do you have friends and want to play lots of games both online and locally - buy an x360
Do you want a media centre with bluray and a couple of games - buy a ps3

Sony built the PS3 to get the DVD market which is where the longterm money is. The only games that will push the ps3 will be exclusive titles. All cross platform games look roughly the same.

personally the x360 online experience is so good I have no interest in a ps3. A friends just got the ps3 but though i'm sure the graphics are brilliant I am expecting to be disappointed.

No doubt in 2 years microsoft will have another console ready anyway

Last edited by KamRacing; 30th April 2008 at 11:27.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 12:29   #9
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

longevity isnt something i would base buying a console on. Guaranteed within the next 2 years the 360 will have been replaced and the next PS will be well on in development

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 14:37   #10
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

The winner will be 360 simply because it came out before the ps3 so so many more people own a 360.

However i think PS3 is the way forward as it has soooo many features, rechargable controllers, no red light problems, isn't made by microsoft, bluray and DVD support, don't have to pay to play online, everything is free.

However, more games for the xbox360.
Old 30th April 2008, 17:48   #11
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
Do you have friends and want to play lots of games both online and locally - buy an x360
Do you want a media centre with bluray and a couple of games - buy a ps3

No doubt in 2 years microsoft will have another console ready anyway
I have no friends that own a 360, they all traded for the ps3.

2 years time, anything could happen. microsoft brings out a bluray games console year later sony brings out a console with the next gen film market! lol
Sony prevails once again.
If they are smart of which microsoft usually are. (should be) they wil lwait until next gen multi media entertainment is out.

My mate from work who i knew only person who loves xbox's to the X, traded hsi in for the gta4 dela with ps3 because knowone else he knows has a xbox no more.
Everyone is different with different mates.
If your chepa go for xbox, if you have the cash want a slightly betetr long term investment PS3.
Im not PS3 biased. as i have no ps3. better things to spend on at the mo. But its where everyone els ei know is going!

Or buy a wii! but that is only if you have close mates
Old 30th April 2008, 17:54   #12
Fordy_87
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk2 Vtr & mk1 Tb'd Vts
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Fordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team memberFordy_87 is a well respected team member

all i say is if your a harcore gamer get a ps3
if you want to have fun online etc get an xbox 360

the graphics may be slightly better on the ps3, but tbh once youve got a good HDtv the 360 graphics are gona be good enough

OZ Super T's / Eibach 50mm / Pipercross Viper / Janspeed manifold / Straight through centre pipe /
Magnex 3.5" backbox / Mk1 rears / Delocked / Alpine HU / 107.3Bhp at Flywheel
Fordy_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 18:22   #13
NickB
Established Member
Content ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): none!
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
NickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the rough

Ok in basic

PS3 = More powerful console with a better spec but dont tend to get many game decent releases

XBOX 360 = Better online community, constant updates and features and much better game releases however not as powerful hardware wise

If your going for the XBOX and have a decent TV id defo go for the elite for the big hdd a better processing chip and obviously the HDMI will make a huge difference, there not that much more expensive these days

Tell us what you decide to do

CAR SOLD
NickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 18:51   #14
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

PS3 = Blu Ray , Hd ready. Bluetooth wireless controllers, wifi wireless ready adapter included hardrive 80 gb

xbox 360 hd ready, wireless controllers (not bluetooth) have to buy adapter for internet on top and pay a yearly subscription ontop small hardrive think its 20GB

i think once you add up all the prices ps3 is a good price ! and on the ps3 you can use the wireless bluetooth hands sets you get on mobile phones for the live part !
Old 30th April 2008, 20:55   #15
d4r3n
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): bmw 330ci sport !
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
d4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to behold

plus ps3 as the six axis controllers and soon to be bringing out the vibration controllers.

end of the day mate your going to get a 50/50 vote its you who needs to decide lol
d4r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 21:24   #16
DarylVTR
Saxperience Post Whore

DarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team memberDarylVTR is a well respected team member

what made me go for the ps3 was DVD / Bluray support and FREE online content. The xbox you need to purchase an external DVD-ROM and pay for online gaming.

Also the PS3 is much better looking IMO
Old 30th April 2008, 21:28   #17
Dez
Established Member
South East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): saxo vt*
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team memberDez is a well respected team member

PS3 all the way!

although i have always been a sony fan so i will be bias, cant fault the ps3 to be honest, and im sure the 360 is just as good

Decat - Doing my bit for the environment
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 22:00   #18
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

go for what you mates have. simple as. i only play when a few mates are on, its a laugh when you killing each other.

personally xbox because its better online
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 22:20   #19
saxokid100
Saxperience Addict
North Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Wickerd red VTS MK2, Two tone VTS MK2,vvc Metro..
saxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the roughsaxokid100 is a jewel in the rough

PS3 for me bud....
saxokid100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2008, 09:21   #20
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

films and programmes will all be downloadable soon and almost all in HD. that will be the next gen media if you can call it that. the next microsoft console will probably feature a bluray drive and the ability to download (which the 360 already has)....