Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 24th April 2014, 11:10   #21
dolby20
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR 2002
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
dolby20 is on a distinguished road

Just be thankful he didn't check your insurance history....
Old 24th April 2014, 12:15   #22
SNewham
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A1 S-Line, Mazda MX5 Kuro, Renault Clio 1.2,
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!SNewham is absolutely fabulous!

If they don't have evidence they can't prosecute you...
Old 24th April 2014, 13:37   #23
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

you haven't actually said what speed you were doing. If it was (for example) 50mph in a 40mph area, I'd be inclined to see what evidence they have (run it through court). If you actually know you were doing more like a ton, slowed down because you saw them, and they said they clocked you at 65 mph in the 40mph zone, then I'd take it on the chin.

Did they give you a FPN ticket on the spot, or report you for the offence (generally worse).
Old 24th April 2014, 15:48   #24
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolby20 View Post
Just be thankful he didn't check your insurance history....
Why his insurance history? When they run your name through the system it comes up if you have existing unspent points.. Nothing to do with the insurance system..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 15:50   #25
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Did they give you a FPN ticket on the spot, or report you for the offence (generally worse).
They can't actually give you on the spot points anymore for speeding, if that's what you mean by FPN (fucking penis nonsense?)

Now if you are caught speeding, they send a ticket off to the DVLA, give you a ticket to say what you were stopped for, then the DVLA decide what punishment to give out to you..

Old 24th April 2014, 15:53   #26
dolby20
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR 2002
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
dolby20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
Why his insurance history? When they run your name through the system it comes up if you have existing unspent points.. Nothing to do with the insurance system..
Insurance through an agent - I'll let the OP explain
Old 24th April 2014, 17:19   #27
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiith View Post
They can't actually give you on the spot points anymore for speeding, if that's what you mean by FPN (fucking penis nonsense?)

Now if you are caught speeding, they send a ticket off to the DVLA, give you a ticket to say what you were stopped for, then the DVLA decide what punishment to give out to you..
Oh really? I've not been done for speeding for about two years - didn't realise that had changed. My bad
Old 24th April 2014, 21:49   #28
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Oh really? I've not been done for speeding for about two years - didn't realise that had changed. My bad
Yeah, i got done last summer, and said "so do i get 3 points now then?" and she said "we don't do that anymore with speeding, now we write a report and send your speed, and what speed zone you were in to the DVLA, and they decide if you should do a driver awareness course, or get points".. I got points, wankers.

Old 25th April 2014, 10:38   #29
Kebabman
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS mk1 stage rally car
Kebabman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxplee View Post
Already done a speed awareness course last December, so that's out the window!
Do you end up getting lumped with the 3 points that were deferred by taking that course as well, and therefore get 6 points instead of the standard 3?
Old 25th April 2014, 11:16   #30
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabman View Post
Do you end up getting lumped with the 3 points that were deferred by taking that course as well, and therefore get 6 points instead of the standard 3?
Never heard of points being "deferred" by taking the course? When I took it it was instead of points + fine.

My mother also got caught twice in the same day, by the same camera. Got the course for one and took points and fine for the other...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 11:21   #31
Kebabman
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS mk1 stage rally car
Kebabman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Never heard of points being "deferred" by taking the course? When I took it it was instead of points + fine.

My mother also got caught twice in the same day, by the same camera. Got the course for one and took points and fine for the other...
I'd heard somewhere that the points were effectively deferred when you take a test and if you get caught again within the 3 years after you get lumped with both. Wasn't sure if it was true so thought I'd ask him if it was. Will have a google anyway.
Old 27th April 2014, 07:29   #32
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
I remember that, he was rushing to see me because I seduced her, then once she saw my gargantuan wang she ran away