Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th December 2008, 17:17   #41
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Mine fitted fine, no specific order needed to tighten the nuts at all. Gear box mount fitted fine as well.

Not a problem with fitting mine at all. Spot on for the value and been proved to work quite well so I can't complain at all.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:23   #42
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

I think its more of an 8v problem with the racelands fitting 16v ones seem fine
Old 12th December 2008, 17:24   #43
Peasnall
Frequent Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Wicked Red VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Peasnall will become famous soon enoughPeasnall will become famous soon enough

had to cut the gearbox mount off mine, and couldnt tighten one nut due to having heatwrap on, apart from that its worth the cash.
Old 25th December 2008, 16:09   #44
n123
Infrequent Poster

n123 is on a distinguished road

i wanna buy one of this!! but i'm not decided yet !
n123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 16:42   #45
pug205gti87
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
pug205gti87 is just really nicepug205gti87 is just really nicepug205gti87 is just really nicepug205gti87 is just really nice

the one bolt was a pain in the arse!!,

Btw what is the main difference performance wise with the 4-2-1 and the 4-1 everyone seems to have a 4-2-1 i take it there better than the 4-1 ???
Old 25th December 2008, 18:59   #46
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n123 View Post
i wanna buy one of this!! but i'm not decided yet !
so you dont want to buy one?!
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:00   #47
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug205gti87 View Post
the one bolt was a pain in the arse!!,

Btw what is the main difference performance wise with the 4-2-1 and the 4-1 everyone seems to have a 4-2-1 i take it there better than the 4-1 ???
4-1 gives you the power higher up the rev range and i believe 4-2-1 gives you it earlier or steadily thru the range, cant quite remember
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:01   #48
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
4-1 gives you the power higher up the rev range and i believe 4-2-1 gives you it earlier or steadily thru the range, cant quite remember
Correct

Sayer am getting one in Jan

Honestly they aint bad to fit
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:14   #49
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
on both of my saxos when ive had straight through systems theres been more resonating at set motorway speeds that pisses you off compaired to the systems with a middle box
Just to add am running a straight throught supersprint and the rear magnum back motorway driving its spot on as its just the right sound level
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:32   #50
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

didnt alexr on a certain forum state that with a cammed engine the standard exhaust and a decat will suffice?
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:49   #51
Mr_suv
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Hondaaaa
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!Mr_suv is absolutely fabulous!

i fitted mine with the alternator and the radiator off and was still a c*nt to fit , not actually a bad mani imo slayer!
Mr_suv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 19:54   #52
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

mine went straight on no bother
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 20:26   #53
bluearmy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): MK1 VTR
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
bluearmy is a jewel in the roughbluearmy is a jewel in the roughbluearmy is a jewel in the rough

so how do they actually fit on mk1 vtr's seen a few people say that they think they are an arse, but has anyone here actualy fited one to a mk1 vtr. How was it to fit
bluearmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 14:40   #54
hudson701
Regular Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS MK2. Lotus Elise Series 2
hudson701 is infamous around these parts

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but am having problems today trying to fit a raceland manifold to my mk2 VTS. First off fitment is shite - you're lucky if it went on no problems. The two problems I'm having are:
1. Gear box mount and manifold bracket are wayyyyy off lol.
2. lamda sensor is too short to to reach up to its plug.

With regard to point one, could I just make up a bridging bracket to join the two? I don't like to idea of the manifold carrying an unnecessary tension/weight from the exhaust when it can be secured using a bracket. For point two, will I need a longer sensor from citroen?

Help appreciated. When I've finished I'd upload a detailed step-by-step picture guide of fitment and the problems exprienced as I've been taking photos whilst working.
hudson701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 14:43   #55
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson701 View Post
Sorry to ressurect an old thread but am having problems today trying to fit a raceland manifold to my mk2 VTS. First off fitment is shite - you're lucky if it went on no problems. The two problems I'm having are:
1. Gear box mount and manifold bracket are wayyyyy off lol.
2. lamda sensor is too short to to reach up to its plug.

With regard to point one, could I just make up a bridging bracket to join the two? I don't like to idea of the manifold carrying an unnecessary tension/weight from the exhaust when it can be secured using a bracket. For point two, will I need a longer sensor from citroen?

Help appreciated. When I've finished I'd upload a detailed step-by-step picture guide of fitment and the problems exprienced as I've been taking photos whilst working.
for gear box mount, did you try and attach it after you had tightened the head mani studs? If so, leave it perched on top of then untighted and get box mount on and tighten all at the same time.

and the sensor, did you run it round the back of the engine?
Old 28th December 2008, 19:13   #56
hudson701
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Notorious_C_A_T View Post
for gear box mount, did you try and attach it after you had tightened the head mani studs? If so, leave it perched on top of then untighted and get box mount on and tighten all at the same time.

and the sensor, did you run it round the back of the engine?
Got the bracket to fit now! Used a copper mallet to gently bend the bracket, loosened off all the studs on the mani/head interface as you said and it went on fine Thanks for advice.

However the lamda plug is still too short by about 6-8 inches or so. Will try and feed it up the back of the engine to see if this works however still think it will be a little short.
Old 28th December 2008, 19:23   #57
hudson701
Regular Poster

Haha yeah just fed the lamda sensor up the back of the engine and it clipped in easy, plenty of give

again thanks for advice!
Old 28th December 2008, 19:45   #58
boz
Saxperience Post Whore

Location: somewhere on this planet, doing something..... around northumberland or in the middle of the sea
Car(s): Mk2 VTS track mk1 turbo vts scooby engined 2CV
boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!boz is absolutely fabulous!

mine went on without too much hassle mate.
you just need to fiddle about with the nuts to get them tight as the primaries are close.

but to be fair, it took me the same length of time to fit my GMC btb one to the vtr lol

i didnt bother with the gearbox mount, i just cut the thing off, i never use them anyway tbh.

defo well worth it for the money IMO
go for it
Old 29th December 2008, 00:23   #59
CHIP
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Astra Coupe Edition 100
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
CHIP is an unknown quantity at this point

I know mine's a VTR, but mine took some modifying (not too much, but abit) and i can safely say that even though i did have to modify... It's still the best thing i bought for my Saxo. I love it.
Old 29th December 2008, 10:50   #60
Sophia_Bush
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Moonstone Blue 106 GTi
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!Sophia_Bush is as cool as a cucumber!

note to all - protech manifolds are cunts to fit aswell