Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 21st January 2012, 23:26   #41
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e8_pqck View Post
Nearly bought a Galaxy S2 today, the T989 which i believe is the best one?

I go back tomorrow, however, a small part of me says I-phone 4S, as they have the Siri and i-cloud which seem pretty cool - also the guy in the shop said the S2 doesn't have the micro-sim so it's not LTE or something? so is that a lesser technology?

decisions, decisions...

(phone only, not bothered about deals/bundles etc)
Quote:
Well I bought the galaxy s2 (hercules) and well pleased. In fact, on it now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTagen View Post
Anyway back to subject at hand iPhone 4S lad! You wont regret it. Even more reason to get 1 now its jailbroken
Old 21st January 2012, 23:28   #42
iFurio
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Forteee & Furiooooo
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
iFurio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I hate threads like this ya'know, my rage head comes on because like you said I am an Apple fan boy :L
iFurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 01:30   #43
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

Well our lass has a 4S which prompted me to get one, i did really like it but after playing with them both i think i've made the right choice.

it was the itunes/pictures limitations that prompted me to get the samsung as i want to be able to connect and work with different pc's.

actually really prefer the interface as well, the swipe feature is pretty cool.
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 01:58   #44
iFurio
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Forteee & Furiooooo
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
iFurio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well our lass has a 4S which prompted me to get one, i did really like it but after playing with them both i think i've made the right choice.

it was the itunes/pictures limitations that prompted me to get the samsung as i want to be able to connect and work with different pc's.

actually really prefer the interface as well, the swipe feature is pretty cool.
Thats one thing I hate apple for is not allowing it to be used as a mass storage or watever it is so you can simply drag and drop from pc to phone. iTunes is like you said so restricted
iFurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 02:12   #45
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTagen View Post
1 Question:
Without the iPod and iPhone would we really have the smartphone and mp3 player as we know them today? Think about what was out before the first iPhone, first iPod, when it boils down to it, the S2 wouldnt be here without the competition from Apple thats what I think anyway
Also think about it the first iPhone released 2007
a year latter Samsung gave us the TOCCO!
I know its all about which is better now, but I always think back to them times and that Apple really did, as they say, re-invent the phone
I-phone was the first one to make the apps which was the difference, however i remember having an IPAQ HW6515 in 2006 (released 2005) with GPS and tomtom installed which was pretty good, had camera/phone/windows operating system and touch screen/qwerty keyboard etc.. Not as good as todays smart phones but it did the job.

Last edited by e8_pqck; 22nd January 2012 at 02:14.
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:28   #46
KelVTS90
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2ToneVTR&VTS
KelVTS90 is on a distinguished road

In my opinion I'd go for the 4s, or even the 4, I find them good for when I'm out of the office I can redivert my emails to my phone in about a minute.

FaceTime as my dad lives in Scotland so it's good to chat to him.

Camera - brilliant!!

Quick, And all my products at work are apple and their customer service that iv experienced so far has been faultless,

Everyone's different, each to their own. Have a go on both, if u don't like it then sell and get the other
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:34   #47
KelVTS90
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2ToneVTR&VTS
KelVTS90 is on a distinguished road

In my opinion I'd go for the 4s, or even the 4, I find them good for when I'm out of the office I can redivert my emails to my phone in about a minute.

FaceTime as my dad lives in Scotland so it's good to chat to him.

Camera - brilliant!!

Quick, And all my products at work are apple and their customer service that iv experienced so far has been faultless,

Everyone's different, each to their own. Have a go on both, if u don't like it then sell and get the other
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:28   #48
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

I still disagree with you Ryan. It's bad as a phone? It make phone calls and you can send texts perfectly well. Isn't that what a phone does?

Blah blah loss of signal, calls dropped. That was with the original batch of the iPhone 4 and has since been sorted.

Also, I'm far from an Apple fanboy. In fact, I cannot stand anything that is popular but the iPhone is the exception.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!

Last edited by GolfJay; 22nd January 2012 at 12:31.
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 00:15   #49
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoJay88 View Post
I still disagree with you Ryan. It's bad as a phone? It make phone calls and you can send texts perfectly well. Isn't that what a phone does?

Blah blah loss of signal, calls dropped. That was with the original batch of the iPhone 4 and has since been sorted.

Also, I'm far from an Apple fanboy. In fact, I cannot stand anything that is popular but the iPhone is the exception.
I have a 4S so id say thats outside of the '4' issue.

4s batterygate is something which has lead to many a dissatisfied user.

The software and user interface is horrendously badly set up, having to sync with itunes to even pass wind is daft. I have considerably more calls drop since ive had the iphone + noticed much more problems with signal.

For calls, texts, emails (and batterylife as the whole point of a mobile phone is that it doesnt need charing 3 times a day) my blackberry smashes my iphone into oblivion.

For toys and pissing about the iphone is a much better multimedia toy.

Last edited by Ryan; 23rd January 2012 at 00:22.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 01:33   #50
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I'm pretty sure ryan 'hates' the iphone to counter people calling him a fanboy. yet he owns one...
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 18:56   #51
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry123 View Post
I'm pretty sure ryan 'hates' the iphone to counter people calling him a fanboy. yet he owns one...
Out of all my apple devises its the most flawed.

When someone with an ancient sony erricson is sitting next to you in a room and has plenty of reception and you have none (same network) it says alot about its use as a 'Mobile' phone.

Its a laugh to play fifa on though
Old 25th January 2012, 20:41   #52
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

f
a
n
b
o
y
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 21:14   #53
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry123 View Post
f
a
n
b
o
y
Ladyboy

I dont mind being called a fanboy, if a fanboy still thinks something is shit then it must be really shit