Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 22nd February 2009, 18:25   #41
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

all feel free to slate them, but until you have tried one then you cant say anything. I have tried one and can definetly say that it feels better than before. A great modification for £26.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 21:37   #42
TrevorRS
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): MK2 vtr saxo in silver
TrevorRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
there was someone on here that did a back to back run on a vtr and got the rolling road graph to prove. the gained 1.2bhp IIRC. thats on a vtr with an air filter. the more mods. the more benefit you get.

if you want to know if they are any good. have a word with wayne at chipwizards. the cars with them fitted ALLWAYS seem to get better bhp figures. they arn't just dremmeled. they are bored out to be a minimum measurement all the way through. Feel free to butcher it yourself. but before you do, make sure you got a steady hand because one slip and you take to much off, hit an air pocket in the casting or score the seal. then you get an idle of 3000rpm (ish)... new thorttlebody on the way!
i dont mean to be a skeptic but 1.2bhp aint alot considering on the same car you get differences of upto 1bhp per run.

Its fair enough i can see how it would work on a engine with other modifications, if done after,exhaust,cam,enclosed induction etc i can see how you could get a good gain for £26.

For £26 how are you doing it? dremel? lathe? milling machine?

havent had a look at the vtr throttle bodie, but most bike carbs are bored out on a lathe.

Trevor
TrevorRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:29   #43
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

im am fitting a clip 172 TB to mine, just waiting on some hosing coming then i'll be fitting it, thats over 10mm bigger than standard vts TB.

and the reason you'll be getting a better throttle response is, because if you look at the standard TB it is shaped to give a smoother throttle making the car more driveable at slow speeds and in traffic etc, this will be taking away when its 'ported and polished'.

i done my clio and vts TB with an air powered dremel style tool and dont see what the hard part about doing it is???
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:31   #44
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

clio 172 TB on saxo vts plenum

Old 22nd February 2009, 22:46   #45
de4n0
Established Member

Car(s): 2003 citroen saxo vts.
de4n0 is on a distinguished road

did that make any noticable differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vts-Slag View Post
Yo will I have to tell da insurance comp if I bolt on a turbo? Im on me mums insurance at da min. Its a 1.1
de4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:50   #46
Sean_VTSp
Saxperience Post Whore

South East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 325ci ACS3, Mercedes Benz CLK.
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Sean_VTS is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^thats impressive.........scrap yard or expensive? lol st8 fit mate?
Sean_VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:56   #47
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

it honestly does make a difference, many people including myself can back it up!

when people come on here and ask what performance mods they can start off with, this shuld be there along with induction and exhaust etc
Old 22nd February 2009, 22:58   #48
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post

when people come on here and ask what performance mods they can start off with, this shuld be there along with induction and exhaust etc
you missed off cleaning the TB aswell
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:04   #49
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_VTS View Post
^^^^^^thats impressive.........scrap yard or expensive? lol st8 fit mate?
got clio TB from cliowilliams owners club for £35, then made the bits myself to make t fit. have put it on the car yet as im waiting on a couple bits coming. should have it ready to fit tomorrow, i hope.
have a look in my progress thread for how i've made it fit and the bits ive needed.
cost me £50 all in, i got catch tank free and done all the work myself though.
Old 22nd February 2009, 23:27   #50
Sean_VTSp
Saxperience Post Whore

South East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 325ci ACS3, Mercedes Benz CLK.
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Sean_VTS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts View Post
got clio TB from cliowilliams owners club for £35, then made the bits myself to make t fit. have put it on the car yet as im waiting on a couple bits coming. should have it ready to fit tomorrow, i hope.
have a look in my progress thread for how i've made it fit and the bits ive needed.
cost me £50 all in, i got catch tank free and done all the work myself though.
Quality mate, maybe worth doing that instead then for the little extra it cost! Also if uve got how u did it in your progress sure it will help people out. Definatly something worth looking into! Thats when i get round to getting my tb out!
Sean_VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 01:04   #51
Juz
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye 16v
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Juz is on a distinguished road

definitely interested to see the results of the clio tb once it's fitted. how difficult was it to make fit?
Juz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 07:20   #52
stendog
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorRS View Post
i dont mean to be a skeptic but 1.2bhp aint alot considering on the same car you get differences of upto 1bhp per run.

Its fair enough i can see how it would work on a engine with other modifications, if done after,exhaust,cam,enclosed induction etc i can see how you could get a good gain for £26.

For £26 how are you doing it? dremel? lathe? milling machine?

havent had a look at the vtr throttle bodie, but most bike carbs are bored out on a lathe.

Trevor
think most are being done on a milling machine not by hand with a dremel and at the end of the daty 1.2 bhp is better than no etra bhp and it all adds up.
Old 23rd February 2009, 07:58   #53
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stendog View Post
think most are being done on a milling machine not by hand with a dremel and at the end of the daty 1.2 bhp is better than no etra bhp and it all adds up.
Have to agree and for £26, who cares? and the Throtle response is also worth the money alone.
Old 23rd February 2009, 08:52   #54
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz View Post
definitely interested to see the results of the clio tb once it's fitted. how difficult was it to make fit?
you'll need access to a milling machine or know someone that has to be able to do it.
i dont see why you need a miller to port and polish a standard 1 though, even when you port and polish standard TB, the diameter hole the air goes through is still the same size.
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:35   #55
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
even when you port and polish standard TB, the diameter hole the air goes through is still the same size.
just like when you gasflow/ port polish a cylionder head ay? you dont make put bigger valves in but you still get gains!

tell me if im wrong!
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:05   #56
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

Spencer i swear by the serivce you provide, its top notch and cant fault it.

like most people i was a bit weary and thought that it wouldnt work but i am genuainly impressed with the results and reccomend it to anyone and eveyone.

Last edited by JamesR; 23rd February 2009 at 10:12.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:21   #57
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_cammedvts View Post
just like when you gasflow/ port polish a cylionder head ay? you dont make put bigger valves in but you still get gains!

tell me if im wrong!
they also change the shape and radius' in the ports aswell though.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:02   #58
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
they also change the shape and radius' in the ports aswell though.
the radius and shape of the throttlebody is changed...
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:46   #59
tony84
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): mk1 vtr mk5 golf fsi
tony84 is on a distinguished road

i recommend getting your t/b ported and polished throttle responce is improved and sounds throatier
tony84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:06   #60
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

NORMAL THROTTLE BODIE:

PORTED AND POLISHED THROTTLE BODIE:

In the first picture you can see a very restictive lip.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesR For This Useful Post: