Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th February 2010, 02:09   #1
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MG ZR 1.4
TheVtrKid is on a distinguished road
Default Help formatting computer and installing windows 7

Hi guys, right first, apologies for posting this in the wrong forum, but i need help right now, and the multimedia forum is always dead, especialy at this time.
Basically i have XP installed on my system now, i want to format my C: and install windows 7 instead. I tried formatting my C: before by booting up from the windows 7 cd, as you can from the XP cd and and choose to repair windows, install windows, format etc, so i thought by booting from the windows 7 cd, i'd be able to do the same thing. Instead, it came up starting windows, with the windows icon displayed, then came on to a flower desktop background, then did absolutely nothing. So i reset and tried formatting from the XP disc, then inserting the windows 7 disc after it had formatted, it said format was unable to complete, please insert the XP cd to continue. So i've had to reinstall windows XP, just to find out somewhere online, how i can format my hard drive, without going through any of the cds, or if theres another way somehow? Thanks for your help, Jamie
Old 16th February 2010, 02:13   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

My desktop did the same with a scratched XP cd when i formatted. It took 5 goes to get it workin lol. Each time until it worked it came up with couldnt find or load a certain thing, which was different each time.

Ive never done 7 before, but try n try again untill you find out how to do it for definate lol
Old 16th February 2010, 02:15   #3
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

try and try what again?
Old 16th February 2010, 02:18   #4
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVtrKid View Post
try and try what again?
Quote:
Hi guys, right first, apologies for posting this in the wrong forum, but i need help right now, and the multimedia forum is always dead, especialy at this time.
Basically i have XP installed on my system now, i want to format my C: and install windows 7 instead. I tried formatting my C: before by booting up from the windows 7 cd, as you can from the XP cd and and choose to repair windows, install windows, format etc, so i thought by booting from the windows 7 cd, i'd be able to do the same thing. Instead, it came up starting windows, with the windows icon displayed, then came on to a flower desktop background, then did absolutely nothing. So i reset and tried formatting from the XP disc, then inserting the windows 7 disc after it had formatted, it said format was unable to complete, please insert the XP cd to continue. So i've had to reinstall windows XP, just to find out somewhere online, how i can format my hard drive, without going through any of the cds, or if theres another way somehow? Thanks for your help, Jamie
Formattin with 7 CD
Old 16th February 2010, 02:19   #5
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

so you mean keep inserting the cd until it comes up with something about formatting?
All it does is come up starting windows, as if windows 7 is instaled then comes up a desktop background but then nothing happens, i cant do anything, when i insert the windows 7 cd
Old 16th February 2010, 02:20   #6
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

and youve done it as in like press delete to boot from CD or whatever it is on your comp? I cant help no more, my knowledge has reached its limit.
Old 16th February 2010, 02:23   #7
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

ye i press F11 to bring up the boot devices, then choose to boot up from my cd drive, it boots up from the windows 7 cd then does the aboe, as i explained before. Very confusing
Old 16th February 2010, 04:07   #8
SneakyVTR
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk2 vtr - r.i.p furio
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
SneakyVTR is on a distinguished road

Boot to the windows seven setup disk, Hit the big "Install Now -->" button. Custom or advanced install.When given the option select your disk from the list and click advanced options. Press "Delete" on your drive (providing you do not care what is contained on it as it will all get deleted.) Then continue through setup as usual and you shouldn't have any problems
Old 16th February 2010, 13:15   #9
TheVtrKid
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

yeah i have sorted it now. My mate helped me out. All i had to do, for some reason, was disable floppy A drive in bios, then when i booted up from the windows 7 disc, it ran perfect. Asked what language etc i wanted, i am now installed on Windows 7. Pretty neat aswel Thanks for your help guys
Old 16th February 2010, 14:25   #10
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
yeah i have sorted it now. My mate helped me out. All i had to do, for some reason, was disable floppy A drive in bios, then when i booted up from the windows 7 disc, it ran perfect. Asked what language etc i wanted, i am now installed on Windows 7. Pretty neat aswel Thanks for your help guys
thats because the floppy was probably set as first boot device?
Old 16th February 2010, 17:27   #11
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Same thing happened to me and it was my floppy drive that needed to be disabled.

Floppy drive wasn't even set as a boot device at all on mine but it still shit bricks at me.