Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 16th May 2008, 09:47   #1
immense
Established Member
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Citroën Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
immense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team member
Default iPod Touch 16gb

Or 8gb, anyone got one? how do you rate it? looking into getting one, want clarification on how you get music and video on it though, can you just transfer the ones on your PC across as you would a mobile for example or do you have to go through iTunes for all the songs/videos you want? costs involved?

Also web browsing through Wi-Fi, free or?

Cheers
Old 16th May 2008, 09:53   #2
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

You do it through iTunes, which is absolutely free and just as easy if not easier than drag and drop.

If you connect via Wifi then it costs free. I dont think the touchs can connect when not in a wifi zone via edge but if they can that would cost.

I have over a thousand songs on my iPhone and it only uses about 4GB.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 09:55   #3
AdamW
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Civic Type R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!AdamW is absolutely fabulous!

74 albums on my iPhone and have 3gb space left......rocks
Old 16th May 2008, 09:56   #4
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

If you prefer windows media player / winamp etc most other media players will offer to "look after" your ipod for you too and you can transfer files from them.

It only uses a select number of codecs for video though so chances are all the movies etc you've ripped will need to be transcoded into a friendlier format (not that this isa bad thing because its the perfect time to optimise the resolution of them too so that they dont take up a stupid amount of space.)

They are about half as thick as the iPhone too so very slim!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 10:38   #5
immense
Established Member
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Citroën Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
immense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team memberimmense is a well respected team member

Don't know whether to wait until iPhone 2 comes out and get the hole lot rolled into 1, hmmmm.....
Old 16th May 2008, 10:49   #6
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Thats my plan, gonna sell my 16gb touchpod to me bro & go balls out with the new iphone.

Old 16th May 2008, 11:47   #7
Andy72
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 306 GTI-6
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Andy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud ofAndy72 has much to be proud of

ive an 8gb touch and love it. Free wifi but only if you are within range of an unsecued connection. My mate has an iphone and to be honest, the touch is basically an iphone without the phone or camera, it does everything else. I love the idea of the gps map finder but not managed to get it work yet lol
Old 16th May 2008, 12:40   #8
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy72 View Post
I love the idea of the gps map finder but not managed to get it work yet lol
That will be a phone function, the touch has no way of triangulating its position. The phone can use its cell signal to do it. Although its not accurate, only to a couple of blocks of where you are.

The new iphone is sumoured to have a gps reciever inbuilt though so it will be pinpoint.