Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 10th December 2007, 14:34   #41
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonezy View Post
wanna see this finished cos i wanna know how much difference soundproofing on the boot lid works, mine rattles like fook but i cant see me copying what youve done helping as it looks to me like th main cause of the rattle is the plastic trim of the bootlid vibrating against the bootlid at the edges.
stickies has a lot of info on the rattle problems

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 14:49   #42
jonezy
Established Member

Car(s): 55 CTR premier '97 posi vts
jonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to beholdjonezy is a splendid one to behold

found em now, cheers pred
jonezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 17:43   #43
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

If i was you i would cut out where the cut outs are in the metal and and get your hand in the boot lid and put some sound deadening on the outer skin of the boot as well as the outer skin will still resinate with out any deadening on it also get some on where the outer skin meets the inner skin. I did this with my saxo and it sounded great when you knocked on the boot lid as it was like knocking on concreat.

Last edited by reevesy_vtr; 10th December 2007 at 18:22.
reevesy_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 18:10   #44
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

wheres this guide or info on sound deadining would help alot thanks......
Old 10th December 2007, 18:14   #45
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

stickies mate, with mine i havent applyed it all that good, i just did it more to stop rattles, make sure you get a roller to apply it as it needs to be on the metal for it to work efctively, if theres any holes like reevesy says, cut them out or put summit behind them like metal straps so the sound proofing has something to stick to

Old 10th December 2007, 18:16   #46
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

LINK.....................
Old 10th December 2007, 20:07   #47
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Good advice Reevesy, still want that alarm just after Crimbo mo' fo'

Great progress dude
Sound deadening looks sweet so far and is making me think how much i
need to do this next weekend

What was the sound deadening you used like to work with and how well does it work (if you've got around to testing)...
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 21:28   #48
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

imo sound deadening doesnt work well in the cold, you need to heat i up a bit, well you do with ivanhoe

Last edited by Predator_R32; 27th January 2008 at 13:58.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:53   #49
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr
Furio-Eth is infamous around these parts

Thanks reevesy Ill do that when I get some more sounddeadening. First time I've done sound deadening it was easy to work with and quite fun. Theres no bubbles under there anymore we,ve rolled them all out. Most of the interior is back in.

Boot build and tweeter build will start about a week before christmas, pods are ready for paint(when I get some!).

Aim is to get it all finished ready to drop my headunit in on christmas day!

Last edited by Furio-Eth; 11th December 2007 at 14:57.
Furio-Eth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 17:38   #50
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

hope you have aood finish on the filler for paint mate, cos paint will show up any imperfrections

im still thinking of doing some tweeter pods hmmmmmmmmmm

Old 11th December 2007, 17:42   #51
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
hope you have aood finish on the filler for paint mate, cos paint will show up any imperfrections

im still thinking of doing some tweeter pods hmmmmmmmmmm
yer they are a good finish. Where are your tweeters atm?
Old 11th December 2007, 17:55   #52
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

there in the door so will leave holes in the doors if i make some, i want some more doorcards anyway so when i get them ill probablies do them

either in mirror covers or a pillars

Old 11th December 2007, 18:06   #53
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
there in the door so will leave holes in the doors if i make some, i want some more doorcards anyway so when i get them ill probablies do them

either in mirror covers or a pillars
Mine will probably be a-pillar builds. Im going to wait till i get my pods finished and in the car so i can see where the tweeters sound best. Bring out the bluetack!

Come on get some tweeter builds made The rest of your system looks awsome
Old 11th December 2007, 18:26   #54
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

yeah a know, ill doit when it a bit warmer lol

Old 12th December 2007, 15:25   #55
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Got the door builds sprayed. I couldnt find textured paint anywhere so went for satin black because its more OEM look than gloss black. I asked a firm who trim things if they could cover these but they said the shape was to complecated to do without any creases

Few pics. Will get some more when the door cards are clean and the speakers and pods are atached to the door card properly (just sitting there for the pics!)

Opinions welcome

Last edited by Furio-Eth; 12th December 2007 at 15:27.
Old 12th December 2007, 15:31   #56
stendog
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!

is that a scratch on one of them already?
stendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 15:41   #57
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stendog View Post
is that a scratch on one of them already?
theres dust and stuff all over them. No scratches
Old 12th December 2007, 15:49   #58
Furio-Eth
Infrequent Poster

Old 12th December 2007, 17:22   #59
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

good work mate coming on well.

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2007, 19:28   #60
stendog
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!stendog is as cool as a cucumber!

yer they look the dogs, i still aint got round to making mine
stendog is offline   Reply With Quote