Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 14th December 2013, 15:44   #181
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
No lift to shift? This may sound like a stupid question but how does that work?
Basically what dave said, allows a quicker change, you can just keep your foot planted to the floor as you change thru gears. Worth having it mapped in as it's there and would be interesting to run 1/4miles with and without some features to see the difference...

Not something that should be used day to day driving I imagine though.

It can be done by cutting ignition or fuel from what little I know about it but I'm also not sure if a predetermined rev limit can be set so if you have full throttle and engage the clutch it doesn't bounce of the limiter but almost act as some form of rev matching for gear changes.

It's all slightly over my head, I look on the geekmappers forum and it just makes me feel soo dumb at what people can do and how they develop roms etc. For the ecu's.

Seems to be a feature that some guysbin the sprint series really approve of for slightly faster gear changes etc.

Will have a full run down of everything as I'll be spending half a day or so down their with the mapper whilst it's all being done etc.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 14th December 2013 at 15:50.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 15:49   #182
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

The new 2014 camaro is tuned for no lift no shift.. this vid briefly explains it with the camaro... boost is near on instant on gear change rather than revs dropping to a point it needs to respool...

And here is an evo with it mapped in...

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 14th December 2013 at 15:55.
Old 14th December 2013, 16:09   #183
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Fuck me that Evo sounds savage!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 16:11   #184
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
Fuck me that Evo sounds savage!
They sound crazy on boost! Mine makes me grin every time

Old 16th December 2013, 17:39   #185
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Got some hub centric spacers today from an mlr trader for a good price, which should arrive before xmas.

Going 20mm spacers rear with 15mm spacers on the front with longer studs provided.

Should give that car a slightly wider stance, as I have noticed the wheels just sit slightly inboard of the arch a little too much... which is amplified because of the fact it is on coil overs.

These will be saved to the side for now as I refuse to have the car full geo setup again until the wheels are refurbed in the spring.

Just need to decide whether I want to keep the tommi mak rims the original gloss white as they are now or go down the anthracite route.

Old 24th December 2013, 12:13   #186
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Today I treated myself to this....

so expect some vid clips to be popping up in this thread!

also just waiting on some map sensors and then in for the remap which will give some good video material!

Old 24th December 2013, 12:30   #187
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Id crash with one of them haha
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 19:49   #188
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Ouch! You don't do things cheaply do ya?? I got the Hero2 and saved a bomb!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 20:22   #189
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Ouch! You don't do things cheaply do ya?? I got the Hero2 and saved a bomb!
I wanted mine to be wireless with no additional wireless pack etc. just linked my phone to it via the wireless app and it's dead handy.

Also plan on using it underwater as I do a lot of snorkling etc. and apparntly the case for the hero 3 is better suited to that due to the flat lens cover or something.

Theres a few difference between the models, nothing life changing but worth the money in my opinion.

Old 24th December 2013, 21:44   #190
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

Great thread - reminds of when i had my GT-Four.

If i look bac k i foolow the same process, mod it, break it, make itr worse then sell it. Hope you dont follow the same but i get a feeling you will. It's not all bad, becasue it's fun and it's your car,

My current car im keeping as a car for the road - no stripping at all! Just speccing up the factory options so i have everything. Just some are bloody expensive though! lol

Good luck
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 23:03   #191
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Videod a few bits whilst popping here and there today and trimmed a few clips out for testing several different video qualities out in different lights whilst mounted externally. Nothing to get excited about just general driving.

http://youtu.be/EtgA8J6BMWU

all set up now so will get some better quality videos up with being off work etc. Hoping for some snow to get full use out of it.

I was mainly testing wind noise and audio quality which doesn't seem to bad, pushed it to 70mph (ish)... and audio was still good with little wind interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e8_pqck View Post
Great thread - reminds of when i had my GT-Four.

If i look bac k i foolow the same process, mod it, break it, make itr worse then sell it. Hope you dont follow the same but i get a feeling you will. It's not all bad, becasue it's fun and it's your car,

My current car im keeping as a car for the road - no stripping at all! Just speccing up the factory options so i have everything. Just some are bloody expensive though! lol

Good luck
Cheers mate,

you got a progress thread for the new weapon?

Currently it is not stripped at all, had to give my mum and dad a lift to the airport and put the rear seats back in along with the other bits. It made literally no noticeable difference whatsoever stripping parts out so I'd rather keep it a tidy example for now and maybe just shed weight prior to a track day until the focus sways from it being my road car.

I'm all or nothing though, either buy lightweight replacement parts n strip it out properly or leave it as it was intended so for now that's what I shall do as I have other priorities and it leaves me scope their in the future.

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 24th December 2013 at 23:48.
Old 24th December 2013, 23:30   #192
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

I think part of the evo's appeal is its all round ability. Why sacrifice that if its unnecessary?
Old 24th December 2013, 23:44   #193
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
I think part of the evo's appeal is its all round ability. Why sacrifice that if its unnecessary?
I'm not as it's back as it was, didn't feel quite right either... with my saxo it felt raw and It was all part of the appeal of that car for me but it just doesn't feel right with the evo. Not as a roadcar anyway, so it's just staying as intended rather than being stripped etc.

Old 29th December 2013, 02:20   #194
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Some will like some will not, however raised the bonnet to see if I like or not and within ten minute had a nice gentleman advise me that my bonnet was open.

Long trip to Kent on Monday/Tuesday so that's my temporary excuse for putting them on incase I hit traffic....

Yay or Nay? (On the evo they are functional at mainly low speeds)

Tommorow I should get around to the cold air feed within the foglight blank and Monday/Tuesday should see the results of SD Mapping. I'm waiting on the mapper to recieve some more map sensors which have been delayed due to Christmas postage etc. but all being well with him tommorow.

Took these on the GoPro to test out the image quality, fine for what I want but not exactly professional quality either.

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 29th December 2013 at 02:28.
Old 29th December 2013, 02:26   #195
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

BIG no from me I'm affraid. There is massive vents in the bonnet as standard to sort that problem out
Old 29th December 2013, 02:42   #196
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
BIG no from me I'm affraid. There is massive vents in the bonnet as standard to sort that problem out
with size of the bonnet vents you would think so, but there is a large space beyond that at the rear of the engine bay which traps a lot of heat.

I have a heat deflector on and the naca duct is directly putting cold air onto the air filter when in motion which is perfectly fine but at a standstill there is a considerable amount of heat soak at the back of the bay where the air filter is positioned.

Not somrthing that has a noticeable affect for the use I have but I'd like to say it has some form of functionality.

I'm undecided myself, it looks more agressive and I think I prefer it... but it's marmite!

Old 29th December 2013, 02:56   #197
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

If your engine is not overheating, you don't need to do that.. If your engine is overheating that means you have a problem, doesn't mean the bonnet needs lifting. Let's face it the only real reason you've done it because you think it looks good.. An that's cool it's your car after all

I'm not a fan of lifter bonnets.. I think it spoils the look of the car, especially a cool car like an evo 6
Old 29th December 2013, 04:45   #198
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
If your engine is not overheating, you don't need to do that.. If your engine is overheating that means you have a problem, doesn't mean the bonnet needs lifting. Let's face it the only real reason you've done it because you think it looks good.. An that's cool it's your car after all

I'm not a fan of lifter bonnets.. I think it spoils the look of the car, especially a cool car like an evo 6
haha saw through my bullshit, I do like the lifters.

It's only 4 bolts, easily changed I just like to fiddle.

it does reduce the bay temps though, the apexi displays a whole range of temperatures etc. and the air temperature is slightly down it's negligible but it is a degree or two down as I wanted to gauge a before and after scenario. Hardly enough to make any noticeable difference from my perspective but at least no negative effect as such as of yet.

Old 29th December 2013, 10:45   #199
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I got rid of mine as soon as I got the car. Also your temps may be down as it may have been a cooler day and looking at the temp differences of the last day or two its gone below freezing overnight whereas it hasn't reached that down my way all year.
Old 29th December 2013, 10:45   #200
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

But if you like it then thats all that matters....