Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 6th May 2010, 11:33   #1
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Merc E320 sport estate (the kids made me do it)
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold
Default what phone HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi all its that time again when my contracts are up and I am on the look out for a new phone. I had my mind made up and was going to get the new sony x10, but I had a play with one yesterday and it is the same as my G1 phone in many ways which I think is the android software. I have phoned vodafone and they can do a iphone 3gs reconed for free on a £35 a month deal for 2 years. I want the phone for internet mostly and the odd call and text and don't know what to do, theye also offered my the 3g ihone for free on a £25 month contract. What is the difference between the 3g and the 3gs? Also what phone would you guys and girls recomend.
Thanks Reevesy
Old 6th May 2010, 11:56   #2
BazzaC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Black Citroen Saxo VTr
BazzaC is on a distinguished road

I think the main difference is the ability to film things on the 3GS, but there is an app on the 3G which allows you to do that anyway.

Internet on the Iphone is sweet, my contract is up on the 8th and im seriously thinking about getting one just for what it can do.

I tried that new Xperia phone and its good, but I just think the Iphone is a bit more practical.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:43   #3
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

reevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to beholdreevesy_vtr is a splendid one to behold

So for an extra £10 a month its not worth it for a 3gs or is it?????
Old 6th May 2010, 13:11   #4
jonsey
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): peugeot 106 gti
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jonsey is on a distinguished road

wait for the 4g to come out in july
jonsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:42   #5
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

I only want to pay £25-£30 a month and it will be much more a month if not you will hav to pay for the phone.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:01   #6
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Tuna Can
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!

New iPhones not even been set a date yet its all rumours so you could be waiting ages.

For me i wouldnt pick anything other than the iPhone 3gs at the moment, my eyes best phone out there, but other phones to consider would be Nokias e71 its a qwerty, blackberry styled phone, nice too look at meant have good browsing skills however i hate nokia. But if its just for browsing and texting/calls then its worth considering...
SamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 13:15   #7
lollypop1985
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr
lollypop1985 is on a distinguished road

i've got a htc hero and it is awesome just as good as a iphone try maybe one of these phones there are many in the range
lollypop1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:25   #8
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

I have a 3GS and my missus has the 3G and the difference i noticed was the speed of the 3GS.

The guy in the phone shop said you wont really notice it but you can....and its alot quicker.
3GS can record videos
Also can get the 3GS in white, not sure the 3G do white.
The iPhone has the best internet browsing that ive ever used on a phone, its all so easy to use adn if in a 3G / WiFi area then the speed of the internet it awesome.

Took me about 30seconds to download a song from iTunes via my iPhone in a 3G area.

Like said on the 4G, you could be waiting ages for it.

iPhone or noPhone

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:29   #9
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
iPhone or noPhone
indeed, my jailbroken iphone 3gs is better than any phone on sale today, fact.
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to b0t13 For This Useful Post:
Old 7th May 2010, 14:47   #10
P90PTS
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
P90PTS is on a distinguished road

I've got 2 iPhones and wouldn't change them for anything, other than an Upgrade to the 4g.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:59   #11
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!SamW is absolutely fabulous!

I have two, a 3g and a 3gs, screen on the 3g smashed tho
Old 7th May 2010, 17:02   #12
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

iPhone is full of win to be fair, but the htc andriod phone are starting to hit back, iPhone will never have flash enabled thanks to them fecking it up but andriod does which i have to say is an awesome feature.

Andrioid i find is less responsive, less apps with it not be layed out very well, prefer the iPhone over it.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:50   #13
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

can you get the bbc iplayer on the iphone??
Old 7th May 2010, 20:50   #14
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

You can indeed, and freeview
Old 13th May 2010, 15:49   #15
lollypop1985
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr
lollypop1985 is on a distinguished road

can get bbc i player on htc also
lollypop1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 21:02   #16
reevesy_vtr
Saxperience Forum Bum

i have an htc g1 phone at the moment and it is ok but i dont think i could do another 2 years with one.
Old 13th May 2010, 21:36   #17
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamW View Post
New iPhones not even been set a date yet its all rumours so you could be waiting ages.
True, but in history, press release for apple is in June, they have always announced the 1st gen iphone then and released within a month in USA, same the following year with the 3gs, announced june released within a month afterwards. They have a press release this June... the ipad is already out now.. what will they bring out... already photographic proof and apple lawsuits because a new iphone 4g got in the wrong hands.

They have to compete with google's nexus one which is hot on it's tails.. doesn't beat it imo but is very damn close to.

If you can't wait for the 4g, I'd get the 3gs, if not google nexus one.
Old 13th May 2010, 22:11   #18
SamW
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Aye i know i know.

All apple products are relased on fridays too apparently... but we shall see when its out i guess. im not too excited about it in all fairness isnt set to be THAT much different to the current generation anyway.