Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 31st July 2014, 14:45   #1
ImElliot
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Saxo 1.1
ImElliot is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo rear wheel bolts wont tighten

I have 2 bolts on my rear drivers side that wont tighten, Think they're threaded..?

On a roundabout i went over a bump and i felt the car jump to the side like the back end came out, I checked the wheel and i had two bolts loose and they wont tighten they go a little tight then really slack again i've tried different bolts.

I know there is another post on here i have came across it before (didn't read it) but i cant seem to find it

So what am i looking at getting is it a rear hub or drum and what causes this to happen?

Saxo 1.1 2002
ImElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:36   #2
jbrady72
Established Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR (2001)
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jbrady72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElliot View Post
I have 2 bolts on my rear drivers side that wont tighten, Think they're threaded..?

On a roundabout i went over a bump and i felt the car jump to the side like the back end came out, I checked the wheel and i had two bolts loose and they wont tighten they go a little tight then really slack again i've tried different bolts.

I know there is another post on here i have came across it before (didn't read it) but i cant seem to find it

So what am i looking at getting is it a rear hub or drum and what causes this to happen?

Saxo 1.1 2002
It could be the bolts or the holes on the hub itself but if you have tried other bolts and its still the same then its obviously the hub, so yeah a new hub would solve it. Or you could get a tap and die set and re-thread it and see if that works?

"That's one motherf*cking, fine-ass pussymobile MOTHERF*CKERS"
jbrady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 17:03   #3
ImElliot
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrady72 View Post
It could be the bolts or the holes on the hub itself but if you have tried other bolts and its still the same then its obviously the hub, so yeah a new hub would solve it. Or you could get a tap and die set and re-thread it and see if that works?
I've tried other bolts still dont go in and the bolts go in fine without the Alloy :/
Old 31st July 2014, 17:15   #4
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

The threads are pumped, get a helicoil or similar into them.
Gabbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 17:43   #5
ImElliot
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbastard View Post
The threads are pumped, get a helicoil or similar into them.
Was thinking of getting a new one less hassle
Old 31st July 2014, 17:48   #6
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!Gabbastard is a great team player!

Quote:
Was thinking of getting a new one less hassle
Its way easier to put in two helicoils than pulling the old hub and bearing and then replacing with new items.
Old 31st July 2014, 19:05   #7
ImElliot
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Its way easier to put in two helicoils than pulling the old hub and bearing and then replacing with new items.
Good point. never really heard of this, is it something i can do myself or am i best to go to a garage
Old 31st July 2014, 20:08   #8
Gabbastard
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Good point. never really heard of this, is it something i can do myself or am i best to go to a garage
It is fairly easy to diy, but a good machine shop or garage really shouldnt charge a lot to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2014, 20:23   #9
ImElliot
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
It is fairly easy to diy, but a good machine shop or garage really shouldnt charge a lot to do.
Thanks