Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 17th May 2015, 20:45   #1
ANGNO1
South East Region Member

Car(s): 1999 Saxo VTS 1999 Saxo VTR 1999 Saxo 1.4
ANGNO1 is on a distinguished road
Default Tearing my hair out

hi all any help would be appreciated ... i have a 99 saxo VTS.. i bought the car with a snapped belt 2 years ago.. since then i have rebuilt the car.. before removing everything i labeled every wire and plug to avoid confusion..
it has a replaced bottom end (second hand)
a brand new head standard cams..
put everything back together after a two year overhaul .. went to turn the key for the first time and the immobiliser kicked in... oops!
got it sent away to have it removed.. got it back.. turned the key and after a little while of continuous cranking it fired .. ran spot on for weeks infact... recently possibly for two months now have had an on going problem that is getting worse.. it started off as the car stalling at traffic lights.. at the time i just adjusted the throttle screw by half a turn which solved it for a while.. ignored it from then... next .. recently it has dead spots every gear.. almost to the point where my foot is flat to the floor and it just crawls along.. splutters and spirts for a few seconds then i get full power back.. again this has now formed into something else.. the car is actually driving it self .. i am starting to think this could be a possible ECU fault.. every gear is the same.. at 2100rpm the accelerator sticks at this exact point and the car drives itself and i do not physically mean the cable. it is not getting stuck on the housing and the throttle valve moves freely aswell. removing the throttle cable from the valve still makes the car move by itself this is with the adjuster screw completly wound back to the point of it being closed.. i am driving the car holding the brakes on as it just pulls itself to work..
it runs like crap on idle aswell when it does not stall that is..
from start to finish i have..
replaced all 4 injectors.. all are new.
new injector loom
new injector rail
replaced fuel pump
fuel relay
fuel cut off switch
new map sensor
second coil pack
new plugs
checked the gaps on the plugs
new idle control and yes i have programmed it in.
new air temperature sensor
new throttle position sensor/ potentiometer
new crank sensor
new lambda sensor
new coolant temp sensor..
new inlet manifold
all new gaskets front and back
new breather pipes
and yes i am sure there are no air leaks
and i have checked the timing
i have literally replaced every sensor and everything that i can think of that would control idle and running to no avail which is why i am thinking ecu.. does anyone have any ideas or have had a similar problem?
Thanks, James
ANGNO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 21:41   #2
jappski
L-plater

jappski is on a distinguished road

you have a reformed version of herby or even night rider!!

sounds electrical to me, possible ECU as you have changed everything, id suggest another attempt at coil pack if the 1st attempt was 2nd hand, i cant see how the ecu came about this fault accept the guys who removed immobilizer could have messed with programming but hey im no professional so if my advice is garbage no problem hope u get it sorted - so many readers on here but very little commenters
jappski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 22:17   #3
stevo1600
Established Member

Car(s): cammed 106 flatty
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stevo1600 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like an ecu related problem.

Only thing you have left to do is swap the ecu out with a new unlocked one..
stevo1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 22:56   #4
jappski
L-plater

jappski is on a distinguished road

stevo could u try answer my thread please bro
jappski is offline   Reply With Quote