Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 5th December 2016, 23:59   #1
Lewiskirby

Lewiskirby is on a distinguished road
Angry Imobiliser problem

Hi I have just bought a vts from the farm down from me, I bought it to strip down and do as a track car as it is cammed ect, but he has had it sat round the back of the shed for about 3 years and has lost the key which was no problem and has forgot the code for the key pad, is there any way for me to by pass this with out wiping the ecu as I do not want to loose the map which is on it, thanks in advance
Lewiskirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 00:08   #2
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

Yes.
Have you checked that it doesn't actually start first?
A lot of people got tired of keying in the code every time so they just unplug the pad once the ECU is 'open'.
If it is locked it can be unlocked for £75.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 12:42   #3
Lewiskirby

Hi I have recently found the code when I was stripping it out it was written behind the flap where the fuses are, put the code in and the green light comes on on the key pad, but it still turns over, do they have a key chip reader on them by any chance? I think it is a 2000 not sure as it has a private plate on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8th December 2016, 17:41   #4
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

If it's got a keypad it's a very early car, 97 ish. If the light is going green then the code is accepted, so it should start if nothing else is wrong.
Look at the ECU number, it should be 16225.##4. Let me know what the ## numbers are and I will tell you if the ECU is the right generation to have a keypad or if it a later one with a transponder. They never had both at the same time.
Old 11th December 2016, 17:06   #5
Lewiskirby

Hi the ## numbers are 12 it's really baffling my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11th December 2016, 19:33   #6
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

That is a keypad type ECU

It's probably another problem causing it not to start. Maybe the reason the car got parked up in the first place. People don't usually just park a car up if it's functioning perfectly well.

If you input the code then unplug the pad while lit green the ECU should stay in 'running' mode. You can just try it on another car and see if it runs on that car.