Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 30th October 2006, 14:01   #1
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2
BruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really nice
Default My VTR Progress thread

OK, i haven't ever got round to posting a proper progress thread, just posted photos willy nilly, But ive thrown a sickie today so i guess i have the time

Ok so i found the car on Autotrader after searching for a few weeks for the right one. I travelled down to Newcastle (Whitley Bay) to see it, haggled with the guy for a week and went back down on the saturday, to pick it up.

I then ordered a set of Rear smoked lights

I decided then to go for a black/red theme. With smoked lights all round. Lowered 35mm on black VTS wheels.

In June, i was leaving work on a very busy road, where traffic had stopped to allow me to exit a junction, at the same time a woman had decided to overtake all the stationary cars to turn right at the bottom of the road, she hit me on the o/s/f

This damaged:

The o/s/f Wing
The o/s/f H/Light
O/s/f Fog Light
Bumper
bonnet
and the splitter between the h/light and the bumper.

Amazingly the arch of thre bodykit was fine.

It took two months for the insurers to sort evrything out and i got 3 grand for the car as an economical write-off. but i got to keep the car! a result!

I decided to fix it myself and stripped it myself at work,

then passed it with all the new parts to a mate of mine who did all the fitting and painting for me.

I spent 700 quid getting the car fixed, which was excellent compared to the 2500 bodyshops had been quoting.

I then purchased a stainless steel exhaust system and a pipercross induction kit. It is much louder than i'd like, but i dont mind too much!

Then at the same time i crashed my Saxo, My best mate crashed his 106 GTi
Only his was much worse, due to a drifting collision with a tree, his car was now shaped like a banana, luckily, he had just purchased a set of performance brake pads and discs. He fitted the fronts the day he crashed but the rears were never fitted, i picked up both for a bargain price of a hundred quid! These are still to be fitted.

And today, the car looks like this!

This is where the impact had been, it now looks spot on!

It is currently very very dirty as i had it down a country road, and its been very wet recently, but as soon as i get back to work it will have a proper clen, the valeters at my work supaguard it for me every few months so its really easy to clean and comes up all shiny

For a while i though about getting rid of it, but i really like the car and my bird would kill me if i sold it so soon.
What i've done so far:
Changed rear lights to smoked, changed back to standard

Fitted 10 inch xplod subwoofer

fitted xplod 3-way 6X9's

Fitted Full stainless exhaust including de-cat pipe

removed door pins

fitted induction kit

fitted new JVC head unit

So for the moment my future plans include

Lowering (possible 55mm slam) maybe 35mm

Maybe re-fit the smoked lights, i actually really like the standard ones now so im not sure.

Colour coding interior bits wicked red

I'd like to change the headlights but im not so sure now.

De-lock the doors.

Actually fit the brakes.

Possibly a half leather 106 Gti Interior

And a set of deep dish alloy wheels, not yet seen a set of wheels i really like.

Sorry about photo sizes guys, i'm not actually sure how to re-size them or anything and i'm sorry if you've read something similar that i've posted in the past!

What you guys think?

BruceybabyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 18:09   #2
Bakes_vtr
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic Type R
Bakes_vtr will become famous soon enough

looks good dude, a bit standard for my liking though

i think some smoked headlights would look awesome in my opinion and get it lowered. thats where i would start
Bakes_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 18:14   #3
Didz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Silver Citroen Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Didz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to beholdDidz is a splendid one to behold

looking good!!! any other plans for it???
Old 30th October 2006, 18:18   #4
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

coming on well mate, worked out pretty good crashing it then lol :

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 18:20   #5
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

BruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really niceBruceybabyVTR is just really nice

Bakes_vtr my mate has a 55mm kit going spare so i was thinkin abt that but dunno quite how low that wud sit

Didz at the moments, just lowering, a dimma grille and eventually wheels, plus little things like interior stuff, the gearknodb is pretty gay and the gaiter is all ripped

Old 30th October 2006, 18:20   #6
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

very nice mate, just needs a clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2006, 18:21   #7
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
coming on well mate, worked out pretty good crashing it then lol :
Lol yeh it rly did, payed off my tools for work, money i owed my dad and a few other stuff, you do photoshop dont you mate?

Old 30th October 2006, 18:24   #8
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz_saxo View Post
very nice mate, just needs a clean
LMBO your telling me, just ive been off work for a week looking after my dad so its hasnt been cleaned lol

Old 30th October 2006, 22:31   #9
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Excellent Just ordered my Dimma style grille. Will pick it up tomoro! guy says it needs a little work but shud b ok, just have to paint it and thats that! yay!

will post pics when its all sorted

Old 30th October 2006, 22:37   #10
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah mate i do photoshop, what do you want doing to it ???

Old 30th October 2006, 22:50   #11
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

Car looks great, nice colour! the repairs have been done really well... couldn't tell it had been crashed!

The red/black theme is great! im currently considering going down that path with mine... you going to try and make it look like one of these?

Keep up the good work
Alex
Old 30th October 2006, 23:14   #12
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

i was keen on it but theres a boy in the area with a similar theme so im gonna do sumit else!!! they do look the nuts though, i'm just gonna see where my addiction takes me really lol

Old 31st October 2006, 19:22   #13
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

Nice matey. would have kept the smoked rears though
Old 31st October 2006, 20:40   #14
stiffler69
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!stiffler69 is as cool as a cucumber!

coming along well buddy nice repairs too
stiffler69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2006, 23:41   #15
ada
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo VTR
ada is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioAL View Post
im currently considering going down that path with mine... you going to try and make it look like one of these?
Why try and make your car look like someone else's. Aye. they both look good, but why not try and do something different?
That's not a dig by the way, it's a general pondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceybabyVTR View Post
i was keen on it but theres a boy in the area with a similar theme so im gonna do sumit else!!!
Lethal choice!
ada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 12:56   #16
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

why is that lethal? aren't you kinda contradicting yourself in one post?
you "generally ponder" AL fo doijng the black red theme then dig me for deciding against it?

Old 2nd November 2006, 13:14   #17
Mcsvtr
Regular Poster

Car(s): R33 Skyline 2.5 GTS-T
Mcsvtr is on a distinguished road

Good repair job, coming along nicely

Stay Hungry Underdogs, You Dont Need A Big Name To Be Somebody

www.midnightclub.ie, http://mcsgtst.bebo.com
Mcsvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2006, 14:29   #18
tomo_202
L-plater

tomo_202 is on a distinguished road

Bruce Lad, you drive a haaaard bargin lol

Looking good!
tomo_202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2006, 19:37   #19
BruceybabyVTR
Frequent Poster

Default Interior

I bought a Dimma Grille off ebay, and along with the help of some guys on here, i have been painting that, but i am really taking my time with it because i want it to be as perfect as i can get it, and hopefully match the rest of the car!!!!

While i had the paint, i decided to remove centre console bit and those heater grilles on either side, I'm very pleased with the results so far, and have just fitted it, have taken some pictures but it'll look better once i've cleaned it all up and its actually day light.

After Removing the trims and all those associated switches, The fan control switch was a CUNT!

First coat of paint

the Centre Console, I love the way this looks

What do you guys think??

I can't wait till the Dimma Grille is finished! Needs a bit of work to go but should only be a couple of days!

Next Up:

Dimma Grille
Smoked Front Lights
Lowering
Possible Headlight eyebrows (depending on how they look!)

Last edited by BruceybabyVTR; 3rd November 2006 at 19:41.
Old 3rd November 2006, 21:48   #20
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

is it me or does the centre console look like it aint finished, theres paint missing from round the headunit???