Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 22nd January 2011, 14:26   #21
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Xantia 1.9TD
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC1 View Post
If you leave it plugged in when its fully charged it will ruin the battery life. So say you plug it in while you sleep and by 3am its on 100%, you're just ruining the battery by leaving it plugged in.
What a load of bollocks. Id love to see the reasoning behind this that doesnt consist of "mybest mates brothers aunt knows an insider at a battery plant"
chinkostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:28   #22
SneakyVTR
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Silver mk2 vtr - r.i.p furio
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
SneakyVTR is on a distinguished road

Try cycling the battery, let it die completely so it turns itself off, leave it and then let it charge to 100%
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:39   #23
Dizzy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): A4 2.0 TFSI Sline
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkostu View Post
What a load of bollocks. Id love to see the reasoning behind this that doesnt consist of "mybest mates brothers aunt knows an insider at a battery plant"
It used to be true when the first mobile phoned came out with Ni-Cd cell batteries, but nowadays it doesnt matter - the materials used in cells are much more versatile.
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:53   #24
jambo18
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): gold mk2 vtr
jambo18 is on a distinguished road

i let it run out completely, then charge it till its 100% the battery just seems 2 be crap on them
jambo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 14:55   #25
DannyVTS
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
DannyVTS is on a distinguished road

You must have loads of apps running or be giving it constant use

Ive been hammering it today, lost 60% of battery in about 4 hours using wifi, safari, angry birds, recording video etc etc

If I give it medium use it'll last 2 days easy
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:00   #26
jambo18
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): gold mk2 vtr
jambo18 is on a distinguished road

i understand that when you use the apps or internet etc the battery life wont be the best and decrease quite fast, its the fact that when i dont use anything it doesnt seem 2 last long. i have to charge mine every night without fail.
jambo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:14   #27
JRC1
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 16v'd White Furio & MK5 Golf R32
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
JRC1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkostu View Post
Lol ok mate It used to happen on pretty much all of my previous phones and one of my mates also has an iPhone 4 like me, he leaves his on charge overnight and his battery life is SHIT compared to mine. They are known to worsen if you keep them on charge when they are fully charged. iPods are exactly the same, keep them plugged in while they are fully charged and their battery life will be shit as well.

So, for your info, it's not bollocks
xsi box makes it fast, rallye box makes it mental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadoryu View Post
listen to JRC1 he know's his white cars. i jizz three times everytime i see his car.
JRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:45   #28
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

It's only older style nicad* iirc battery's that have memory.

Not sure what battery the i's have but at a guess I'd thaught they'd be lithium ion's which I dont think have memory.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:51   #29
gaz4399
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1275 mini
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
gaz4399 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post

Not sure what battery the i's have but at a guess I'd thaught they'd be lithium ion's which I dont think have memory.
100% correct
gaz4399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:46   #30
Liam
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Black VTS
iTrader Score: 5 (86%)
Liam is on a distinguished road

My Desire HD was a bit crap when I got it, but I rooted it, have the processor set to overclock to 1.5GHz when it's needed, or underclocked to 400MHz when not. When the screen is off it sits at about 250MHz. Battery is spot, I also have an app which turns mobile data off, but lets turn on once every for 1 minute to check for emails and what not. Seriously, I know all you iPhone fanboys hate Android, but it is the way forward. Nothing like this exists for iOS and until it does, I'd just grin and bare the battery life.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:37   #31
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

chinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the roughchinkostu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRC1 View Post
Lol ok mate It used to happen on pretty much all of my previous phones and one of my mates also has an iPhone 4 like me, he leaves his on charge overnight and his battery life is SHIT compared to mine. They are known to worsen if you keep them on charge when they are fully charged. iPods are exactly the same, keep them plugged in while they are fully charged and their battery life will be shit as well.

So, for your info, it's not bollocks
Sure its not just nailing the apps? If you leave a battery on charge the power supply will cut it off when the phones charged, you could leave it plugged in permanantly and youd be fine. Li-ion batteries are far better than the old ni-cads that did infact have memory ajd die after a few years.
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:16   #32
woodysVTR
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Clio 172 Cup
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
woodysVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam View Post
my desire hd was a bit crap when i got it, but i rooted it, have the processor set to overclock to 1.5ghz when it's needed, or underclocked to 400mhz when not. When the screen is off it sits at about 250mhz. Battery is spot, i also have an app which turns mobile data off, but lets turn on once every for 1 minute to check for emails and what not. Seriously, i know all you iphone fanboys hate android, but it is the way forward. Nothing like this exists for ios and until it does, i'd just grin and bare the battery life.
htc ftw

MP251400 myprotein.co.uk DISCOUNT CODE
woodysVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:23   #33
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

The people that have said about apps running in the background have the nail on the head!

As said before double press the home button then it shows the apps that are open, hold one of them down then you will see a minus sign which let's you shut them down fully!

Also the people that have said the battery doesn't have a memory are correct and leaving it on charge won't do any damage to the battery!
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:32   #34
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

My 3GS battery has recently gone poor, was on phone to me mate other day, only on phone to her for 45mins and battery went from 80% to 30% not to mention how hot it gets!!!!!

All me mates Iphone 4s seem to have great battery life.
I've dropped my iphone god knows how many times no wonder battery on mine is shite.

Im gonna warranty mine into Apple soon, power button is half broke and volume button doesnt work.
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:34   #35
Chris_O
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RB25'd s14a + 2008 MWB Transit
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Chris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura aboutChris_O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post

yeah it's like all the new lithium ion battery drills that are out now, specifically says battery life will not be shortened if left on charge
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:07   #36
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysVTR View Post
htc ftw

so fucking true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
My Desire HD was a bit crap when I got it, but I rooted it, have the processor set to overclock to 1.5GHz when it's needed, or underclocked to 400MHz when not. When the screen is off it sits at about 250MHz. Battery is spot, I also have an app which turns mobile data off, but lets turn on once every for 1 minute to check for emails and what not. Seriously, I know all you iPhone fanboys hate Android, but it is the way forward. Nothing like this exists for iOS and until it does, I'd just grin and bare the battery life.
1500mhz what the fuck?! my old pc was only 1800mhz ahah

though i LOVE the look of the desire HD tbh but that kind of hardware seems overkill in a phone.
mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 19:20   #37
chinkostu
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawlan69 View Post
so fucking true

1500mhz what the fuck?! my old pc was only 1800mhz ahah

though i LOVE the look of the desire HD tbh but that kind of hardware seems overkill in a phone.
My phones faster than my fileserver haha! Love being able to overclock it, really brings it out!
Old 21st March 2011, 04:20   #38
nicktobbe

nicktobbe is on a distinguished road

Thank you, this is good news for other visitors
nicktobbe is offline   Reply With Quote