Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 12th July 2011, 08:36   #1
geraintthomas
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk4 Fiesta Encore Mk1 Saxo Eastcoast
geraintthomas is on a distinguished road
Angry Why drive like an idiot?

I'm a big fan of motorsport, and I'm a bit of a petrol head. I check this forum daily on advice and tips with looks and performance, but there's one thing I don't get.

Tit-head drivers in slightly tuned cars! Just because you tune your car, or modify the looks slightly, why does that mean you HAVE to drive like a fucking idiot?

Some guy in a Mk5 Fiesta Zetec. Must have been about 100 yards between one set of traffic lights and a roundabout. Screamed down the road, slammed brakes on. Screamed further, slammed brakes on. Another guy, overtaking people on a single carriage-way on a corner! WHAT'S THE POINT?!

Seriously, can't these people see that when they drive like this, they look like a bunch of dick heads? No one's going to go "OH GOD, look at his amazing driving skills! MARRY ME! QUICK!!". In fact, most people literally think "Twat.".

I've seen exotics from Ferrari California's, Arial Atoms, Audi R8 V10's, to Audi S4's and BMW M3's - all of them drive sensibly. So someone please enlighten me, what's the point in driving like a twat in a small slightly modified car? I've yet to see someone in a modded car who drives normally. Pisses me off a treat.

Rant over.
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 08:40   #2
Heftydanielson
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): MK2 saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Heftydanielson is on a distinguished road

They are just trying to show off with their big boy exhausts.

I rarely drive like a tit and only drive fast in at night and when there is no one about I barley do that tbh.

Just no need for it.
Old 12th July 2011, 08:44   #3
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

real badmans.. only explanation
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 08:57   #4
jonas2112
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk 2 vtr & vts
jonas2112 is on a distinguished road

it aint just modified small cars, had a bmw m3 tailgate me and trying too overtake in stupid places friday evening, i was driving the works van whilst towing my digger behind, i had too brake hard too avoid a rogue sheep on the road, idiot in the m3 didnt brake and took a glancing blow off the trailer which put him threw a hedge, the dick then tried saying it was my fault because i didnt pull over and let him pass.
jonas2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:17   #5
K17NEY
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): FQ Volvo V70R Peugeot Partner
K17NEY is on a distinguished road

I love A bit of spirited driving, however there's a time and a place.
K17NEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:21   #6
Juggyluggs
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Formula Sport Yammy yzf r6
Juggyluggs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2112 View Post
it aint just modified small cars, had a bmw m3 tailgate me and trying too overtake in stupid places friday evening, i was driving the works van whilst towing my digger behind, i had too brake hard too avoid a rogue sheep on the road, idiot in the m3 didnt brake and took a glancing blow off the trailer which put him threw a hedge, the dick then tried saying it was my fault because i didnt pull over and let him pass.
Hahaha he got what he deserved then prick

i was coming home from work yesterday on the r6 (motorbike for those who don't know) and as most know it will accelerate alot faster than pretty much most cars and i had a lad in a saxo lol try to overtake me so i thought i would play with him abit and let him get half way past me then i just kept him there to prove a point he soon pulled in and then decided to drive like a normal sane person.

But i probably shouldn't have sped up but o well he'll live
Old 12th July 2011, 09:32   #7
geraintthomas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitney View Post
I love A bit of spirited driving, however there's a time and a place.
You're right there. I can and have driven fast on quite a few occasions. I live quite close to the Brecon Beacons in South Wales, and the roads there are gorgeous. But I don't go overtaking people in ridiculous areas, or driving stupidly around town. That's what really pisses me off...
Old 12th July 2011, 09:35   #8
geraintthomas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
That's completely his fault. If he wants to overtake you then he can do so if it's safe and it doesn't affect your journey or driving behaviour. He can't tell you to pull over to pass, nor can he expect you to. He just sounds like a dick head to me.

On the way to work this morning I had some white van man up my backside. I was in the outside lane, overtaking people at 76mph, driving nice and smooth. He still wanted to overtake me even though I was clearly overtaking a line of people and doing that speed.. so I slammed my brakes on and put my hand out of the window in a sort of "Keep the f*ck back!" gesture. Twat.
Old 12th July 2011, 09:43   #9
Eskimo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS + Miata
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
Eskimo has a spectacular aura aboutEskimo has a spectacular aura about

I think people right pricks bwaaaaping around.. My mate does it all the time, I've told him loads of times but doesn't listen, I'll admit I'll drive hard now and again on nice open roads when it's quiet otherwise id get bored of driving. It's all about time and place.
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:47   #10
jonas2112
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk 2 vtr & vts
jonas2112 is on a distinguished road

if there was somewhere safe too pull over i would of done, maybe he thought having a 50 grand car gives him the privilage of trying too bully me off the road.
jonas2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 09:58   #11
geraintthomas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
if there was somewhere safe too pull over i would of done, maybe he thought having a 50 grand car gives him the privilage of trying too bully me off the road.
Heh, they'd like to think so. I saw a window sticker saying "My brakes are great. Is your insurance?". Was so tempted to get it.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:14   #12
Craig_B
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): RenaultSport Clio 197 + Ph1 172
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Craig_B is on a distinguished road

I drive the speed limit like all the time, i will admit i put my foot down now and again, but as Kitney said theres a time and a place for it!

I find it funny, that i'm doing the speed limit, 30 or 40 road, and you still get people driving right up your exhaust like that want to see what make it is.

"Driving up my exhaust mate is not going to get you to your destination any quicker as i'm going to drive exactly the same just to p**s you off"
Old 12th July 2011, 10:15   #13
Juggyluggs
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Formula Sport Yammy yzf r6
Juggyluggs is on a distinguished road

i tend to drive slower if they sit up my arse just to enhance the fact that im not going to speed up just because you are sat so far up my arse you could be in the boot
Old 12th July 2011, 10:17   #14
geraintthomas
Frequent Poster

It's like.. Some guy came out of a junction, wheel spinned for about 3 seconds before he had to slow down for a speed camera. Then sped off for about 4 seconds until he had to stop for a red light. What's the point?!
Old 12th July 2011, 11:50   #15
JoeHindle
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): '09 Cooper S '20 Transit Custom
JoeHindle is on a distinguished road

People that drive like idiots, all the time deserve all they get. Its the passengers or other drivers and members of the public i feel sorry for when they get hurt.

For Example, a girl i went to school with was in a car crash last night, The driver was speeding down a country lane and lost control when they went over a bump, the car spun and the rear end hit a tree, where said girl was sitting, she's in a critical condition with internal bleeding and suspected broken back. The driver has a broken wrist, broken ankle and a broken back but is stable, as said there's a time and a place for spirited driving but just driving like a c%^t is pointless.

Sorry for the essay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
sounds fucking horrendous
JoeHindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 12:14   #16
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
That's completely his fault. If he wants to overtake you then he can do so if it's safe and it doesn't affect your journey or driving behaviour. He can't tell you to pull over to pass, nor can he expect you to. He just sounds like a dick head to me.

On the way to work this morning I had some white van man up my backside. I was in the outside lane, overtaking people at 76mph, driving nice and smooth. He still wanted to overtake me even though I was clearly overtaking a line of people and doing that speed.. so I slammed my brakes on and put my hand out of the window in a sort of "Keep the f*ck back!" gesture. Twat.
No in that case your the fucking twat, you twat
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 12:22   #17
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, people will drive like idiots until they have an accident and realise what could happen.

I crashed my Mk2 Golf at 70mph into a van that slammed his brakes on at a green light. Seeing the damage to my car was a sudden realisation of what can happen, even though I wasn't messing about.

It's a shame that people have to go through an accident themselves before they realise how dangerous it is.
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 12:25   #18
GJF47
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): '02 Leon Cupra R Flash Red
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
GJF47 is on a distinguished road

When someone is constantly up your arse, slow right down and just roll along in neutral and smile at them in the mirror. Pisses them right off.
GJF47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 13:00   #19
rick_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Corsa Rally Car & Fiesta ST
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
rick_VTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF47 View Post
When someone is constantly up your arse, slow right down and just roll along in neutral and smile at them in the mirror. Pisses them right off.
thats what i do when someone is up my arse haha.
rick_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 13:02   #20
Petee
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Furi0
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Petee is on a distinguished road

When someone is up my arse i just turn on my rear washer? aimed it up, spray there car with windscreen wash
I was like and he was like
Petee is offline   Reply With Quote