Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 29th April 2016, 21:47   #1
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of
Default amazon shop outisde UK

Have any of you used amazon before? I have never used it and don't really know how it all works. But basically I am after some kitchen appliances that appear cheapest on Amazon. I thought great and was about to order them but realized its actually a 3rd party from Italy supplying the product and not amazon them self.

So my question is does it work like Ebay in that amazon are only a selling agent and I would have no real support or warranty from them. Or would it be more like me buying from tesco online and if something happend like the wrong product turned up or it failed after 6 months I would have no worries about returns and warranty? Thanks
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:36   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Tried to use it on occasion. Turned out every CD/DVD/book I ordered "disappeared" in transit. So every time I had to send a email, make a claim, wait some more... Had enough of that after quite a few episodes of order not turning up.

Would not buy electrics whatever on that site. If anything goes wrong, the money you'd saved goes into shipping costs going back to italy etc... Plus knowing my item would be banged left and right during transport. Then who says it's not some cheap chinese shit, rebranded in italy. Same as a £1 knockoff phone charger, you get what you pay for.

Last but not least: amazon is a tax dodging company, while we subsidise their employees (who are overall treated like shit) with tax credits and whatnot, since they're all on zero hours contracts. Fuck that company, and any affiliate.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:06   #3
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

I have just bought some audio equipment (a good three figures worth) through Amazon which is actually being supplied by a third party in Italy. I will let you know how I get on, and if I get any issues or warranty problems.
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:24   #4
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

I bought something from Amazon market place and it came from China. Item was just shit, but pretty easy to get a refund.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:44   #5
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): 306 diesel shed broken vts
0rang3peel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Tried to use it on occasion. Turned out every CD/DVD/book I ordered "disappeared" in transit.
Manu strikes again with a completely fabricated mystical story about a relevant topic on saxp.

chat shit get banged
Old 2nd May 2016, 21:09   #6
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

I am now fabricating the fact that I buy my movies elsewhere.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:30   #7
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
Manu strikes again with a completely fabricated mystical story about a relevant topic on saxp.

chat shit get banged
First thing I thought also.

"My item being banged around left and right during transit"

How is that different to any other form of courier? besides the fact that its utter bullshit, anomalies happen with everything, one bad experience which is likely fabricated anyway does not set a precedence for every transaction with them.

I bet his family don't get a word in at family get together.

Needs renaming to Timmy Two Sheds
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:06   #8
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Of course I would totally lie about my orders not turning up. It makes me edgy.

You should go write comments on the daily mail online, debunking made up stuff and fake stories. Would keep you both busy all day.
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:35   #9
Synister
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 Rallye
Synister is on a distinguished road

I've literally bought thousands of items from all over the world on Amazon. I've had 2 year old, £500 graphics cards that I bought in America refunded due to a fault, full amount straight to my bank account within a few days.

My pizza oven was from Amazon and delivered from Italy. It had a cracked stone when it arrived, I contacted amazon via the web chat and they refunded me the full amount in seconds as I choose to get Amazon credit and order another pizza oven. Best thing about it? I got to keep the old item.
Synister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:19   #10
0rang3peel
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 306 diesel shed broken vts
0rang3peel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Of course I would totally lie about my orders not turning up. It makes me edgy.

You should go write comments on the daily mail online, debunking made up stuff and fake stories. Would keep you both busy all day.
We don't need to, we've got all the shit you spout to debunk and keep us busy.
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:23   #11
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Is there something I’ve missed?
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:59   #12
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rang3peel View Post
We don't need to, we've got all the shit you spout to debunk and keep us busy.
I see one post gets you occupied for almost 24 hours, fair enough. Since this is another post, I'll come back tomorrow and tell you about how I make unicorns roll over.
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:42   #13
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I see one post gets you occupied for almost 24 hours, fair enough. Since this is another post, I'll come back tomorrow and tell you about how I make unicorns roll over.
A feat you would no doubt claim to have legitimately achieved Timmy.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 07:21   #14
Manu
Saxperience Addict

It ended up badly, sadly. My pet T-rex ate it.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:41   #15
Manu
Saxperience Addict

I'm actually off to a good one in a couple hours. Unfortunately it is located in Southwest UK. Unless you want to cargo the chevy over here.
Old 17th May 2016, 13:00   #16
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stissy View Post
I have just bought some audio equipment (a good three figures worth) through Amazon which is actually being supplied by a third party in Italy. I will let you know how I get on, and if I get any issues or warranty problems.
I forgot to put a response to this thread. The electronics item I ordered through Amazon which was coming from Italy arrived the other day. It did not “disappear” in transit, nor was it broken or faulty on arrival – so it was delivered as expected. I see no issue with ordering products through Amazon that come from other countries.
Old 17th May 2016, 22:08   #17
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

Personally never had any issues with amazon and I have used it often, usually quick delivery and if I have ever been unsatisfied its usually only if I bought something cheap so no big surprises.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote